YA! :) I actually heard about this last week, but it was confirmed truth. Then yesterday our Branch President announced it in sacrament meeting. :D WE ARE HAPPY! I am soo pumped for Portugal. Also our mission President, President Amorim wrote about it today in his letter. Basically the work is moving forward here in Portugal! :D The picture of the temple looks so cool too! :)
This week was... interesting. I started out with a bunch of fire, but then day after day I slowly died. The weekends are absolutely terrible for me. But then Monday rolls around and I am all good :) I love the letters from family and friends :) Both the emails, and the written ones :)
Monday last, we ate out! We've passing by a BBQ place (called Churrasqueira in Portuguese) for the past weeks and so we decided we would eat there one day. It was only 8 euros, and it came with a lot of food! :) So it was well worth it! :)
Tuesday, District Meeting here in Castelo Branco. Then we had lunch with the Elders of Covilhã. Elder Storrer made his famous pizza, and it was good! I have I said that I have been blessed with another great cook?? Well i am :) Elder Platts and Tanner (the Elders of Covilhã) are soo funny, and a bunch of jokers, but they get work done :) We also met a girl from Finland. That was cool :) And we had a lesson with João, Plan of Salvation. I still ponder why we have to teach that lesson. It can be soo confusing at times. I guess the importante part is that we will all be together in the Celestial Kingdom :D
Wednesday. Gonçalo dumped us. And we had a lesson with a less active that is very quite and doesnt want to go to church. So we just go there and read the Book of Mormon, so that he will have some Spiritual Experience during the week.
Thursday, was a long day.Oh ya, the Ransoms (a senior couple, whose son and family is in my home ward!) showed up and gave us a bunch of stuff that our house needed from IKEA! YA! # ithinkiamclosertoanikeathanyou mom! :) #thereisoneinporto. So our living situations have gone up a bit. And it was nice to talk to them about Idaho, Boise, etc. :)
Friday. We had a good weekly planning. Then we had two lesson marked for this day. And they came through, kind of. The first one was with a student from Angola named Juni. He was pretty cool, and has some potential. Then we had na appoinment with Helena, but we couldnt find any member to bring with us, so we talked in the doorway for a little bit, and left the Restoration Movie. Then, her sister and her sister's boyfriend showed. So we went inside and ended up having dinner with them. That was cool. Portuguese people are like nuts. Hard, closed off on the outsider, but once you get to know them, they invite you in for dinner! :D And they are very friendly :)
Saturday, another long day.
Sunday, church was good. I had to play the piano, and our branch presidente switched up the hymns on me at the last second. Then, for the last hymn, the piano just decided not to work. haha, oh well :) The weather has actually been pretty nice this past week. Rained a couple of times, but nothing to bad.
Scripture of the week: 2 Nephi 25:26, "And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and wewrite according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."
Jesus is the Christ, my Saviour, and Redeemer. Love you all! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment