Ok sweet :) 11 more months to go! :) Anyway, this week was alright. We had some fun contacts, but nothing has turned in to fruit... yet. :) I also dont have a lot of time, so this will be rather short.
Today for Pday, we went to the Templar Castle. It was pretty legit. I took soo many pictures that my camera died on me. :( There was this one part called, "The Convent of Christ" that just had tons of catholic statues/paintins of Jesus and other important people. It was cool :) Even though it was a little catholic-y. ;)
During this last week, we organized the house. I finally got a mattress (still working on the bed frame), and study desk. :) So, we moved all our beds together into one room, and then moved the study desks into two separate rooms. It is nice now to have a bed :) It is also nice that we have our own room, so that way we dont do studies in the kitchen.
Also this past week we went to Entroncamento, a 30-min train ride from Tomar. Entroncamento is where all the trian lines in Portugal intersect. So it is a pretty big train station. But not that big of a town :) We explored and did some contacts and knocked doors. Then we knock this door, and the woman who answered had a flash of recognition shoot through her face. And we were like, "Soo, have you talked to the Elders before?" Haha :) Her name is Andreia, and 4 years ago she got in a car accident in Tomar, and the first people to help her out were the Elders. So that was pretty cool. She investigated, but then lost contact with the Elders. This week we have plans to pass by, and teach her :) Also Nadia, the other investigator from the previous transfer is still sick. She doesnt believe in using modern medicine to get over sicknesses. Ugh, thats annoying. She has been sick for over a month!
Towards the end of the week, President Amormin sent out a letter encouraging all of the missionaries to keep pressing on with our goals. Two goals in specifically, more new investigators, and marking someone for baptism. He even encouraged us to stop someone on the road and marked them. We approached the end ofSunday, and we were failing with both of them. We decided to pull out all stops and challenge everyone we see to baptism. We happened to be hitting doors during that moment, and in one building we challenged three people to baptism. No one accpeted, but a few said that we could come back. It was actually kinda of fun, and I've decided to work baptism into all of my contacts. It kinda puts you on the spot, it makes you feel a little bit bold. It's exciting :)
The longer I am out here, the more I know that this church is true. Even though Satan works hard on me, for what seems like 24/7, there aint nothing that can move me from where I am at. I love you all. And I love the Saviour. I gave a talk this past week in church. I choose to talk about sacrafice and obedience. They go hand in hand, but remember it is more important to obey than to sacrifice (1 Sam 15:22). Keep the Commandments, that was President Monson's request this past general conference. Obedience, more than anything, brings happiness! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment