The highlight of my week was General Conference! And I hope that it was for you! I hope you learned a lot and are going to try and apply it in your life! GC is a little different here, and I saw like 2 sessions live and another 2 recorded. Still haven't seen Sun Afternoon, guess I´ll have to wait for the Ensign. I learned a lot about the Atonement and Jesus Christ from this Conference, especially Elder Holland´s talk! Eu amo Elder Holland!
This week, the hard has started to payoff! We found an elect! We were prompted to go one way on our way home, and ran into this lady walking her dogs, and she had the question of "Why so many churches?" We were able to answer witht the Restoration and invited her to baptism and she accepted! The only problem is that she works all the time! So we are praying for her always and we are thinking of ways to teach her!
Also this week we learned that a member´s baptism records got lost... so that means she gets to be baptised again! And she has just started going to Church after years of innactivity, so we get to teach as well! Looks like she will be mine and my comps first baptism! Pretty exciting! And its pretty exciting for her cause she gets to be baptized again! So cool! (Of course we are baptized every Sunday when we take the sacrament. There is just nothing like being baptized again though!)
Also this last week we have a Zone Meeting! Got to see some MTC friends from my district/other district that was going to Portugal! That was sweet! And tomorrow we are having a Zone Conference! Basically every one in the North, or the "Porto" Mission is meeting tomorrow! So I get see my friends again! And my trainer´s trainer as well! Haha pretty exciting!
Language is coming along great! I understand about half of what the people say, and basically all of what my comp says to me. I would love to talk to people, I just cant understand what they are saying!
So thankful for this opportunity to serve the Lord. So thankful for Jesus Christ! The Atonement is real, and he suffered for me, and he suffered for you! Do NOT forget that! I love you all! Give 'em Heaven!
**I asked Elder Yoder for some pictures and he sent me a few that shows the view from their apartment....
| My companion hijacked my camera and took a selfie |
No comments:
Post a Comment