Monday, April 27, 2015

2015.04.27- Transfers and Rain



Ola amigos e famaliá!

Yesterday was transfers, and I am staying here in Aveiro! Which is good because there is a lot of work here! And I love it! First I will share my miracle of the week that I shared with President!

"One day it was raining. All day. Hard. And honestly I loved it! We had our umbrellas, and we were dressed warm, so we went to work! :) During the whole I was thinking, "This will pay off, us being soaked, cold, and somewhat miserable, will pay off." I just couldn't let the weather get me down! We contacted this one guy that standing under a little restaurant rain shed thing. Ele foi bem simpático! During our lesson with, the rain stopped, and by the end you could tell that he had felt the Spirit! He accepte a convite suave, and we made plans to meet with him again! We had been praying for news that entire week! And to top it off, his name is Helder! :)

Also this week we had a lesson with a woman named Catarina. She is a miracle as well. One day Elder Puriri was having me lead a little bit and just randomly pushed a mic button. The person on the other side just opened the door. So we went up the stairs and she was there at the door. We introduced ourselves and she said she had talked with the Sisters before. We got to know her a little bit and then set-up an appointment. That was like two weeks ago. So this week was the follow-up appointment. We had it with a member and we were able to mark her for the 10 de Maio! So exciting! She has a sweet spirit, and loves our message. She also had a really spiritual experience and we have been able to help her interpret it!"

That was pretty cool! Also this week we had 4 non-members in church! That was so cool! That is also our best during the last transfer! One was a friend of a member. One was a 8/9 year-old girl that isn't baptized yet, and that we have to teach, but she is hardly ever here in Aveiro. One is a mother of a less active. And the last just randomly showed on Sunday. No one invited her, and no one knew her. But the members were so awesome though because they were talking to her, and making her feel welcome! Her name is Maribel, and we set up an appointment with her this week! The other, the friend of the member (A recent-convert, nonetheless!) is named Sam Paiu, and we also set an appointment with him in the house of the recent-convert. So that's very exciting! It was one of the best Sundays ever! 

Because my comp is District Leader, he receives a graph of where all the missionaries are in Portugal! There was a few missionaries from our MTC group that didn't come out with because of visas, and I saw their names under the new missionary group! So that is pretty exciting that all of us are going to be out here!

Shout out to my cousin Josh Price! For being the only member outside of my family to write me! Once when I was in the MTC, and once during my first transfer! Love his letters! He is like 6 or 7 years old, so his letters are pretty cute.

This week was pretty awesome, and I have felt the Lord bless my life a lot! Cant believe that one transfer is already done! I love it here a lot! I can also feel the prayers during the day when times are a little but rough, and I am super grateful for them! Continue learning in the Gospel! Read your scriptures and say your prayers! Also go work with the missionaries. Best way to grow your testimony is to share it! :)

Love you all! 


Elder Yoder

 My Zone Leaders being goofs :)


No comments:

Post a Comment