Monday, February 1, 2016

2016.2.1- There goes January :)

Well, one month gone in the new year :) How is everyone doing with New Year Goals! :) I know I am still working on mine, and slowly improving each and every day! 

New month means Pope Quote! "The Joy of the Gospel fills the heart and the entire life of those that find themselves with Jesus." Thank you Pope Francisco.

This week was a lovely week. Probably laughed the most I have ever laughed on the mission this week :) MY comp is ridiculous :) Portuguese people are too funny! And living in a 4 elder house is a blast. Nowhere else I'd rather be than here in Portugal!

We got to teach Edmar two times this week. We split the Plan of Salvation in half for him, and he ate it up. He is so close to accepting a date, but I feel so bad that we didnt mark him in our second visit. He is so ready, and this branch needs him! :) He asks awesome questions, and is probably my first investigator in my whole mission that is really understanding everything, and not just nodding their head saying yes. #missionregrets :/

We also went to Entroncamento on Saturday, and we did the Listão with our Branch President. Just an FYI, Listão is that little activity where we have the members give us all the names of people they know, we write them down, and them in the near future, we make plans with the members of the names that entered their head after a prayer. :) Then, they fed us, and we talked a lot about the branch, and what we can do. We also tossed the idea of opening up a group in a nearby city called Torres Novas (New Towers). We have a lot of less actives that cant make it church because of transport and what not. There was a branch there a few years ago, but something went south, and so it got closed. I think it would be awesome to open up a group during my mission! :) 

I dont have much more on the spiritual/investigator side. I will share some thoughts in a bit. But, ya, I laughed a lot this week. One time, I laughed so hard, it hurt, and I started crying. I had to leave the kitchen, or else I am sure I wouldn't be here writing this letter! :) A lot of big life events happened to a few of our investigators in potential that stopped us from to teaching them this week. One being Andreia. She was that miracle contact we found in Entroncamento a couple weeks ago. Needless to say, she needs some prayers in her behalf. :)

Oh ya, I have been learning to cook here on the mission! This past week I made a Cape Verdean dish called, "Cachupa." The Cape Verdean, Elder da Silva said he loved it! :) YA!

This past week, and still continuing, I have been doing a study on love. It has been very enlighting. And has changed my viewpoint of the mission a lot. I want to get to the point where I keep the mission out of love for my Saviour, not just because they are rules to follow. John 14:15 has been my slogan recently. I have also discovered that the Atonement is the best example of that Jesus has for us. Best example of love that our Father in Heaven has for us. Without love, the Atonement could have been accomplished. Plain and simple as that. Once we truly figure this out, it opens up our eyes to a new vision, a new perspective of life. Elder Uchtdorf says it best,"Trying to understand God's gift of grace with all our heart and mind gives us all the more reasons to love and obey our Heavenly Father with meekness and gratitude. As we walk the path of discipleship, it refines us, it improves us, it helps us to become more like Him, and it leads us back to His presence."

Love you all! All of you! Friends, Family, Missionaries that I have met here on the mission, any non-member friend that I am writing, Jacob Lake people, everybody! I hope you all have a lovely week! :)


The other two Elders in the house. The white one is Elder Holdsworth from Utah.
The black one is Elder da Silva from Capo Verde! :)

My Olivia pictures that I put on a corkboard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment