My heart has been kinda hurt this past week, but I got to feel of how Heavenly Father loves all of His kids.This past Tuesday, the first, was a holiday in Tomar, so we found some people in their houses! :) One was a cute family of 4. In our first contact we left a proclamation of the family with them, and then we have been trying to catch them at home since them. Unfortunately, (but also fortunately), they are practicing Catholics, and so they didnt see a great need for the Church, or a change in religion. Thats always hard with practicing Catholics. But at least they are raising a beautiful family, something that Portugal needs. Then yesterday, we finally had a lesson with that family of 10!!!! :) Unfortunately, it was basically the same thing. We gave it best, and well, right now is not their time for the gospel. But we left on a good note, and a promise that the next time the missionaries pass by, they will let them in and share our message. It just broke my heart because I was envisioning this family being sealed in the temple, and fulfilling callings, and helping the branch grow, so it just hurts when they turn that all down. Missions are hard, but I cant even imagine the heart ache WE cause Heavenly Father, when we are disobedient and CHOOSE not to follow his commandments.
We saw Lucas again. That rude Brazilian that thinks Jesus was baptized with 12 years of age. We were with the other Elders, returning home for the day, and we bumped into him on the street. We started off nice, you know, hello, how ya doing, etc., but then he was like, "Lets talk about God." So Elder Crist just tried to say nice things, nothing too opinionated, but he he brought up the baptism thing, and then went downhill from there. We were pretty sure he was drunk, because we could smell it on his breath. It was interesting. It ended with us just walking away, ignoring his screaming and taunting. Ugh. Brazilians.
Church was interesting. Long story short, our branch president couldnt make it because of some race that was going on in Tomar that made all the police make a barricade around Tomar. Apparently something is messed up with his documentation, so he isnt a legal citizen yet in Portugal. Some members tried to leave Tomar to get him, but that didnt happen. So church fell upon our shoulders. WE gave the classes, and Elder da Silva led sacrament meeting. But the testimony part was cool! And of course, I still felt the Spirit :) #smallbranches
Edmar is doing great. We had just one quick lesson with him. School started up for him again, and he has a crazy schedule. He is taking three different years at once. He gets home at like midnight every night. Anyway, he told us that this Wednesday he will choose a baptism date with us. We are hoping for the 19th for him as well. He just has to come to church. He went to a cousin's wedding in Lisbon this past week.
And now, our marked investigator. His name is Paulo, and he was taught in the past. In fact, our only recent convert, Rafael, is his brother and was found through Paulo. He seems pretty determined about this. He wants to quite smoking, so we have been helping him with that. He came to church yesterday, and stayed for all 3 hours. Apparently, that was something he didnt like about the church in the past. He is really cool, and little bit of jokester. He calls me Master Yoda, but I am totally cool with that ;)
This past week we had a zone meeting. It was my first one outside of the Coimbra Zone, and first one in this Zone (the Santarém Zone). So we travelled by train down to Santarem. It is the furthest South I've been on the mission :) And you cant really get much more South than that (Just a little bit more south is a town called Carregado, which is the southerest point in the mission. Right above a city called Vila Franca de Xira which is the Lisbon mission). Anway, it was a good meeting, and one of things taught was starting our day right with awesome exercises. We, as a mission, have adopted a saying, "Bom Dia Energia!" which means, "Good Morning Energy!" :) Haha that was pretty fun.
Things are looking up here in Tomar. I love the people, and I love the mission! :) I love you all too! :) Keep on keeping on. Read your scriptures and say you prayers. Conference is coming up, so start preparing for that!!! :) This new Easter video looks pretty sweet. #hallelujah
I've definitely learned a lot about the Atonement recently, and I have had a few experiences that have made really appreciate the sacrifice that Jesus made for us. Never forget that!
Have a great week! :)
| We saw a big line of caterpillars one day. It was like they were playing follow the leader! :) |
| After church lunch :) Just before I took this picture we were all lined up preparing something to eat, and I thought, "Oh, I got to take a picture of this!" :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment