But enough of the Office Life. This week Elder Bednar visited our mission! :D In fact, he was here just yesterday! :) It was so AWESOME to be instructed and taught by an Apostle of the Lord. Elder Bednar is a very good teacher, and you could tell that he was following the Holy Ghost. It was SO cool. The format of the conference was different from the Culture of the Church. Usually we would expect an Apostle to come, and just give a talk. But he came and we had a discussion with him. Also, a Q&A. It was very spiritual and, really, the Holy Ghost was the teacher. I learned a lot that I will be able to apply, not only in the mission, but for the rest of my life. A lot of it was personal, but I definately learned that I need to follow the Holy Ghost more in my decisions, in my teaching, and in my work. I need to have more faith. I need to stop questioning whether a prompting came from myself or from God. If it is good, then it comes from God. I need to be intune with the Holy Ghost to ask inspired questions to my investigators. I need to help my investigators learn by faith. All of it was just awesome. :)
Our investigators are doing well. I still havent gotten to know them well enough yet, but we do have some potential in this area. I LOVE this ward! It is the best ward in the mission. :) We have an attendance of about 90 people, which is big for Portugal. But not only that, we have some awesome members that love the missionaries and are helping us out a lot! :) We had a lunch with a member this last Tuesday, and they were so funny! :) There names are Paula and Sara. Paula is the mom, and Sara is the daughter. They actually speak decent English, and the husband actualy works for the UN so he is traveling a lot, but he was with us for lunch too. The husband was recently reassigned to Orem, Utah, and so they are going to move to the states in like June. Which is bummer cause I wont get to know them that well, but it is good for the daughter Sara. She is 19 and single, so she will probably find a husband in Utah ;) The pickings in Portugal arent the best. The church is still young.
Well, another than that the week has been a blur. Hence, the short letter. :) I'll make up for it with pictures :)
Love you all! Have a great week! Enjoy the weekend! :) Study the scriptures and say your prayers! :)
Com amor,
Elder Yoder
| My saying goodbye to my last comp, Elder Gomes |
| Me and my desk ;) |
| My assigned comps. Elder Buchana is on my right, Elder Morrison is on my left |
Elder Jones and I. Elder Jones is my financial comp :)
|
No comments:
Post a Comment