I love serving with Elder Moeller (my financial comp)! He is a riot in the office, makes my day, every day! And when we go one divisions, I am always laughing. As I have gotten to know him more, he is totally a redneck! :) He loves hunting, mountains, and the wilderness, and he played rugby. :) But he such a teddy bear though. Super cool kid.
Yesterday on a division with Elder Moeller, he almost had to stop a fight. We were at a stop on the metro ("subway"), and it is close to a "rough" neighborhood. And we see some kids pass in front of us. One kid, we will call him João, was backing up with his hands up, and then another kid, we will call him Pedro, was walking at him, with hands up as well. While they were in front of us, no real punches were thrown, but they were definitely testing each other. Then as they get farther away, Pedro starts swinging. Pedro also had some meat with, two other dudes to be exact. And one of his bros joined in, and it turned into a two-on-one. By that point, Elder Moeller was on his feet walking over there, but luckily, another man was on the other side of the fight, and was able to break it up before any real damage was done. It was a very interesting scene to witness. Afterwords, Elder Moeller said his blood was just pumping, and that he doesnt like to see an unfair fight. Crazy stuff going on in Porto. :)
The work goes on here in Porto. Elder Valentine and I recently have been going through the area book, and tracking down old investigators, and at the same time, passing by many less actives that live in our area. We've been able to seem some fruits from our labors. The other week, we found one less active family and they came to General Conference. It was pretty awesome. It appears that they just lost contact with the Elders and the Church a couple years ago. People need their Home and Visiting Teachers! I loved Elder Hollands talk during the Priesthood session about this! It is something that we are trying to help out our ward with.
The office work is also plugging along. This is the first time in months that I feel on top of things here in the office. It just never stops! I am not sure if I wrote about this a few weeks ago or not, but President Amorim has plans to take out the young missionaries from the office, and just have Senior Couples work in the office. Well, I dont really have any updates on that. And as for me and whether I am staying or not in the office, I am not sure. Elder Moeller goes home next transfer. So if I leave the office in a couple weeks, Elder Moeller will just have one transfer to train the new financial secretary. Which, in my opinion is not enough time. However, if I stay, and Elder Moeller leaves, I'll have two transfers to train the new financial, but I will die in the office, and I will be here in Porto for 6 transfers (half a sister mission). If I stay, AND Elder Moeller stays, I will then only have one transfer to train the new financial (which would be my last), and I would die in the office. So no matter what, if I stay, I die. :( So we are all interested in what will happen for transfers in two weeks. But, that isnt important. We will all press on in the work of the Lord! :D
I love you all! Have a great week!
Até mais,
Elder Yoder
No comments:
Post a Comment