Monday, October 17, 2016

2016.17.10- The Rainy Season has arrived! :'(



It has rained just about everyday this past week :( Luckily, I am in the office, so I only get wet for about three hours of my day. 

Office work is still going along. We had a financial meeting with President this past week, and we got a lesson or two in Accounting from him. That was interesting. But now, we have a lot of work to do. Luckily, Elder Moeller keeps me happy and positive. 

Our proselyting works is going swell. We have done a lot of work with less actives. We have also done a lot of divisions with the other office Elders in the area, because they are seeing lots of fruits from their labors. So it has been pretty fun seeing their success. Our hearts were kinds broken this week. We were teaching a cute little Cape Verdeana Family, that just had a new baby. We had planned a really cool lesson for the Plan of Salvation using 2 Nephi 2 (I love this chapter!), and we got to inviting them for baptism, and they basically slammed the door to that. I remember just sitting there thinking,"Ohhh, they are perfect for the gospel." But they said they were already baptized, and that liked where they were at. But, in my heart, I felt that they were saying no because of tradition, and not necessarily because they believe that their church is true. In the end, it was disheartening. But, they didnt rule us out completely, and invited us to come back. So, there still is hope. 

Shout-out to my father for his 45th Birthday!!!!!!! 5 years till the big ole 50!

Portugal/Europe thing of the week: Often there are these little alley way shooting off the big streets. And there are actually kinda hard to find. You'll be walking down a street, with doors passing by your side, and any one of these doors could be a gate to on of these alley ways. But what Portugal does is stick these alley ways in certain places, and then build a bunch of little itty bitty houses in it. I dont know if that makes sense, I'll attach some pictures that hopefully show better than I explained. But, these alley ways are like my favorite thing about Portugal. I kinda feel like I am in Gotham. It reminds of scenes in "Batman Begins" when he is on that island where all the bad people are. It is pretty legit. 

I love you all! Every single on of you! Even those who have never written me a letter or email! ;) #guilttrip? Haha! I am kidding! Dont feel pressured in sending me anything, but I love hearing about how you all are doing! I also love getting letters, especially now that I am in the office. Our address is:
Missão Portugal Porto (or Portugal Porto Mission, for you none Portuguese speakers)
Rua Amália Luazes, nº23- Sala I (that is a capital 'i')
Porto Portugal 4200-052

Just address the letter to: Elder Roman Aaron Yoder IV ;)

Have a great week!
Até mais,
Elder Yoder



No comments:

Post a Comment