FLIGHT PLANS! We got our flight plans last Friday! We leave the MTC at 11:30am on Tuesday the 17th! YEAH! From talking to other missionaries, they leave at like 2,3, or sometimes 4 in the morning. So I am glad we dont have to get up early to leave! We fly from SLC to Fort Worth. Then from Forth Worth to London!! London! Sadly, we arent allowed to leave the airport :( :( :( :( Then from London to Lisbon! We arrive in Lisbon 6pm there time. So I think that is like noon mountain time! :) Super excited! Also, everyone in my district plus another district in my zone plus 6 other elders from another zone are all flying together! 25 of us! And we are all headed to Portugal! Sooo that is going to be fun!!!! :) Sooo ready to get to Portugal!
Tonight we have a Devo, and Elder Cook is coming!! Wooohooo!!!!! So happy to get an Apostle here before I leave! And I have heard the Elder Bednar is coming to Lisbon, in like March.... ooohh yeah, best birthday month ever!
Tomorrow I get to Host and welcome new missionaries coming in! So that should be pretty exciting! I talked to Allison today, and I am super excited for her! My Portuguese is coming along alright. Yesterday my district had an English Fast. We literally spoke Portuguese all day long! It was challenging yet fun, and I learned a lot! I feel like I teach alright, but sure once I get to Portugal, I am going to feel like I hardly know the language! But it is all apart of the experience right? :)
The district that was just a week older than us left Yesterday and Today. They were all going to Brazil, and so of course they didn't have their visas. :( However, two of the Elders got reassigned to Boise!! That was pretty cool, and I told them how awesome the Boise Mission is, and how the people love them there! So follow through with my promise! I remember one the Elder's name was an Elder Teasley. He is pretty cool, and I told him what stake I was from, so hopefully while he is there he will be able to say hello:)
Weather here has really turned around. Just a week ago it was dumping snow like no other, but now it is beautiful spring weather! I even wore some of my white t-shirts this week. I heard about BSU basketball, so thats pretty legit. I am still representing the Blue here at the MTC. I have met a couple of missionaries from the Treasure Valley, so thats pretty exciting! There is even a couple Elders here that I worked with in the Boise Temple! Thats also very cool!
I pray for you all. I feel your support throughout my day and my week. I have come to know the Holy Ghost a lot more these past 5 weeks. I seen this clip from Bednar about 5 times now, where he talks about how to feel the Holy Ghost. He just said to quit worrying about it. If it is good, then it is of God. If not, then it is of the devil. Plain and simple. Often in the Church we think that we need to wait and receive a prompting before doing something. But really you just need act on the good thoughts/promptings that come to your head. Also Elder Bednar says, "Be a good boy. Be a good girl. Honor your Covenants, and Keep the Commandments." If you do that, the Holy Ghost will always be with you!
Derem os Ceu! (Give 'em Heaven!)
Elder Yoder
No comments:
Post a Comment