Almost out of here! YEAH! I really have like 1 week and a half left because I leave on a Monday or something :) SOOO excited! There is two districts in my zone that are going to Portugal! Thats like 19 kids! Can you imagine 19 elders/sisters on a plane ride?? AHHH! It is going to be a party! And preaching the gospel as well, of course! :) I got released as DL this past Sunday. Now I do not get the mail anymore, and well thats about it. Haha, it feels like a load has been lifted. But I definitely wouldn't be afraid of being in a leader position in the field! I have learned a lot from my 3ish weeks as DL. Lets go with some highlights of the week...
I am getting better at volleyball. I play every day, and there are some pretty good Elders here, so thats fun. Some members of my district and the other Portugal district did the "Tower Challenge"!!!! That was legit! Hahaha! We ate frosted flakes, and we did it! Then after we were done a sister from the other district picked up the tower container and held it up for a picture, that was hilarious!!! Fast Sunday was amazing! It really wasnt that hard to fast, and wake up a 630. Like fasting is easy when you sleep, but being awake all day, that adds a challenge. But it was worth it! We also had a mission conference instead of Priesthood. That was pretty cool, kinda like a devo. What I took away from the conference was that your goal should be the temple with convert families! I cant wait to see one of my convert families get sealed in the temple! AHH! If I was home, I would pay to go to back for a family!
Last Tuesday we had a Devo, and I learned that missionaries need to act like heroes, cause thats what members think we are :) This past week I have also learned that we need to read the Book of Mormon with our investigators! Never thought of that before, but they need help understand what the heck is going on! :)
One of my teachers is Irma Lewis. Her little brother is Elder Hunter Lewis, a kid I met up at Jacob Lake!! We just learned that yesterday! It was sooo cool! And so weird! :) I am repping my BSU swag up here! I have met a couple kids from the treasure valley :) Whenever we meet they all say they are from Boise. But then I ask them where they are really from, and then the truth comes out :)
There is something special happening in Portugal, because they are getting some awesome missionaries :) (I am lucky to be apart of it!)
Derem os Ceu! (Give them Heaven!)
Elder Yoder
No comments:
Post a Comment