Monday, June 15, 2015

2015.06.15- Working with Recent Converts and Less Actives

Ola Familia e Amigos! :)
This week was great week of working with the ward. We are trying to build our relationship with the ward here, and so we figure we better work with our Recent Converst and Less Actives. Also was the first week of transfers, and I am really happy that I'm not training anymore! :) Haha, but really, we have more time in the day to get work done! :)
Last Monday (8th)- We basically had a FHE with Familia Perriera, Sampaio, and Karina, our baptisms for our year! :) Familia Perriera was baptized before we got here, and Elder Puriri and I baptized Karina and Sampaio. It was also a good way to introduce our RCs to Elder Sutton my new comp.
Tuesday (9th)- Said goodbye to Elder Puriri around 7pm-ish. He is off to Lisbon, training, white wash, DL, etc. AGAIN! :) I was very blessed to have a great trainer! :)After we had a lesson with Isabel and Marguarida. A mom and daughter. It went really well. We have been working with since like my first transfer. They can only meet on Tuesday Nights. But it has been fun seeing them progress. We threw a baptismal date for them, but Isabel felt like she wasnt ready :( But she said taht when she feels ready, she will be baptized! So we will take it! :)
Wednesday (10th)- The normal schedule is interesting. Makes my day feel longer. We leave the house at 11am, have lunch at 1, leave at 2, and dont return until 930 at night :) But we get a lot done! :) This day we met with AnaMaria. She isbasically ready to be baptized, and she wants to be baptized, but she doesnt quite understand the Law of Chastity. Her situation is complicated, but we have that all will work out.
Thursday (11th)- Zone Meeting. Lots of new faces :) My "avo" or "grandpa" is in our Zone. Elder Poteet trained Elder Puriri :) So there is some reminiscent of Elder Puriri :)
Friday (12th)- Thankful for the gift of tongues. I have learned a lot in my first two transfers, but the key is to keep praying and keep studying! :)
Saturday (13th)- Whenever you get down, or are struggling, just go and talk to someone. It makes the day a lot better. Espicailly if you talk about the gospel an Jeus :) Something I learned on Saturday.
Sunday (14th)- Church was good. They recently moved the schedule around so that Sacrament Meeting is first. I can tell that the ward loves it that way. The Spirit just carries throughout the whole day!
Also, my recent convert, Sampaio is moving to Miami Florida! :) I have figured out that he will be in the Fort Lauderdale Mission! Same one as Elder Wardle! 

Man I love it here. Learning a lot. Especially how to cook some awesome food! :) Also, I feel that I am growing a lot as a missionary. Thankful for this opputunity to serve, and be in the battle with friends and family! Love you all, ate approxima semana! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment