Monday, July 13, 2015

2015.07.13- President Amorim is almost here!

Haha, President has his visa! So he should be here any day now! :) 

This one is going to be quick, cause I dont got much time! :) 

I've been able to reflect on how many people I've met here! And from all the places! Brazil, Angola, Mozambique, Cape Verde, Ethiopia, Germany, Italy, Venezuela, Sierra Lione, Spain, UK, Netherlands. Man, if the United States is the melting pot of the world, then Portugal is the melting pot of Europe and Africa! :) I love it here! 

We met this young women from Sierra Lione this past week. They speak English there, and she told us that there is an English Criolo. Or rather, a broken English language. Like some African Language mixed with English! :) Haha, so cool! So far I've learned that there is Portuguese Criolo, French Criolo, and now English! :) 

That one family, Familia Aguiar. They are progressing, reading the Book of Mormon, and the grandparents went to church yesterday! Ya! :) We have to plans to mark them for baptism soon! :) They had some awesome questions about Lehi's Vision! :) 

Speaking of Church, I gave an impromptu talk! Literally right after the sacrament was done being administered, the bishop got up and said that I would be talking about Faith in Christ! Haha! It was SO by the Spirit. Right when the sacrament was getting over, the Spirit kinda whispered and said, "Don't be surprised if you get called on to speak! :)" 

Got some pictures from the last Pday. We had a District Pday, and we hung out in Coimbra! :) 

Love the Lord. Read your scriptures and say your prayers! :)

**** NOTE FROM THE MAMA:  
For pday last week they spent some time at  Portugal dos Pequenitos (a theme park in Coimbra. The park consists of diminutive versions of Portuguese houses and monuments, and has pavilions dedicated to the former Portuguese colonies).  (Thank you to Sis McColley, Elder Aaron McColley's mother, who shared some of these pictures with me and the info about where they were!). ****











No comments:

Post a Comment