Monday, December 21, 2015

2015.21.12- Christmas in Portugal :)

Portugal has some pretty cool Christmas Traditions. Or maybe it is just here in Castelo Branco. One, the city is dressed up way cool! Two, in front of just about every catholic church there is a huge pile of tree stumps. This week they are going to set them on fire, and they last a couple days. Three, they have a cool Christmas market and stuff. And four, our Branch Christmas Party was pretty fun. Biggest party I've been too in Portugal so far ;)
Unfortunately, I don't have much time today, We have been running getting errands done because we have to catch a train at 6ish to Coimbra, because we have our Zone Christmas Conference tomorrow! :) So this will be quick.
Today, we visited a really cool garden/park thing that has ton of statues and fountains. I took soo many pictures that my camera died on me :( But, I got a picture of just about every statue :) Also, I got a haircut today, and I had a lovely conversation with the dude that cut my hair. Everything from gospel related topics to life in general :) Of course, just about everything is related to the gospel :)
This past week we taught a couple, Luis and Maria a couple of times. #ELECT! The only problema is is that they aren't married... yet. They are soo ready to be baptized, but we have to get them married first. They've talked with our branch presidente because they wasn't to do a wedding in our chapel. So he explained the process. Everything is in their hands. I think they'll get the ball moving here soon. I am really pumped to hopefully baptize another family!
Thats about it this week. The Branch Christmas Party was also with the Branch of Covilhã. So we had about 50ish people there, but it was fun. Bunch of people did some skits, even us the Elders. I had someone take a vídeo, and it turned out alright :) Anyways, good times :)
Love you all! Merry Christmas. Até Sexta-Feira! Until Friday!

"some sick street art :)"

"This Church will be on fire! :D"

Elder Yoder today... wearing some jeans he found at his last apartment, after his haircut.


2 comments:

  1. You are on our minds and in our prayers. We wish you a memorable Christmas in Portugal. We are enjoying being able to follow your experiences and we are so glad we get to be your grandparents. We love you. Grandpa and Grandma Yoder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, grandson. I do enjoy your weekly emails and your vibrant service to the Lord and the folks there. We have you in our prayers here in Fla and wish you a wonderful sweet Christmas and a super happy new year. I love you!!! Grandma Duty

    ReplyDelete