Monday, December 7, 2015

2015.12.7- The lovely Coimbra Zone

I have friends in my Zone! On wednesday, I showed for my 12th zone meeting/conf/whatever you want to cal it (At least I think it was my 12th), and the first person I see is Elder Reed, an Elder that was in my MTC group! HAHA! I was so happy, just to remind you all, I have been in the same since the start of my time here in Portugal, so I feel like I havent seen that faces here in the mish. Then, I go in, and start saying hello to everybody, and I run into Sister Dixon, and Sister Elliot! Both were also in my district in the MTC. Haha, Sister Elliot was like, "Elder Yoder, where have you been!?" Again, I hadnt seen her since I got here in Portugal. Sister Dixon was this Zone with me for a little bit, left, and then came back :) Haha. Right now, I am oldest missionary in this zone, in terms of time in this zone, except for one Sister that arrived in this Zone with me as well. Now, we have turned it into a competition to see who will stay in this Zone. I think I'll win because she goes home this transfer, and I think I am going to stay with Elder de Andrade for two transfers. I've gone 2 transfers with all of my comps so far.
 
Anyways, besides that it was a pretty normal (What!?!) week. We just continued our work here in Castelo Branco.
 
Ravi and Eliano. We visited them a couple times this week. President Amorim really wants us to baptize families here in Portugal Porto Mission. So, even though I think Ravi is ready for baptism, we are going to try and teach the whole family this week. Unfortunately, the dad has lots of work, and the mom has never seemed interested in talking to us. Faith and prayers! :)
 
We didnt get in contact with Luke this past week. Maybe it was just a seed being planted. We'll still try and pass by him though.
 
We taught a diferente Cabo Verdeano named Natalicio. He was pretty chill, but was a little occupied with his daughter, but he knows a young man in our ward that is preparing to serve a mission. So maybe something will turn out with this.
 
A focus recently in our mission has been becoming a, "Testifying and Challenging Missionary." All the missionaries in our mission have a talk with that same title that talks about challenging someone to baptism. I think thats how they called it in the olden days. Anyways, our focus is to invite people to baptism as early as possible! At the slightest instance when they have had a spiritual experience. Bam, invite! I LOVE it! This talk really helps me have the faith, to approach every contact, every door, as if this person/family is going to be my next baptism. The Lord KNOWS who he wants in the church, and when they should be in it. we just got to be there to provide the way for everyone.
 
Another thing. Sometimes we think that we bring people into church, so that the gospel/church can help them, and change their lives. Obviously this is true, but it also works the other way around. The Lord knows who he wants in HIS church, so He is going to bring people in that our going to help build the Kingdom of God here on the Earth (and here in Portugal!). I know this is true! Another focus here in Portugal is "Real Growth." We are trying to build Zion here, so we are going invite one and all to take part. Sometimes I feel that we as members have lost that vision that Joseph Smith had. We are literally building Zion. First it was in the United States, but now it has gone to all the world. Are you doing your part to help build Zion where ever you may be? This can be done in many ways. and I invite you all to look for ways/áreas where you can help!
 
Love you all! :) Read your scriptures and say your prayers! 
 


A picture of my district! We ate at McDonalds while waiting for a bus back home from the Zone Meeting.

Some flippin' sweet graffiti in Coimbra!
My friends! Sister Dixon, Sister Elliot, and Elder Reed. And me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment