Monday, April 11, 2016

2016.11.4- Sometimes, some weeks just punch you in the face :)

Thats what this week felt like. A punch in the face. Nothing was going for us, and I felt like the world was against me sometimes. But, you just got to press on, knowing that better days are around the corner!

We didn't really teach anyone this week. It was a lot of finding. We started contacting young people. High schoolers and College kids, because old people dont understand what we say, or say that they are too old for these things. :) So, that was a little weird talking to kids my age. I always get a little nervous, but it was pushing me out of my comfort zone, so thats what I need. 

I also got sick on Thursday. Just a little 24 hour thing. It hit me earlier in the week, but I took some medicine, and that only delayed it. Thursday morning I woke feeling like the dumps, but I got all prepared, and we left to work, but I took it a little bit slower. Then we came home and ate lunch, left for work again to pass by Edmar, who wasnt home, but then my body just gave up on me so I went home and got some rest, and listened to a lot of General Conference! :D I think it was rather good for, it is like the only reset button I have on the mission. I think it also happened to me because of how hard I have been pushing myself. So, in the end, it did more good than bad. 

We did however, have an investigator in church! Her name is Ascenção (Assencion). She was a church HQ reference, and she seems pretty interested. She lives in a city called Lamarosa, which is about 20ish minutes away by car, and along the train route we take to get to Entroncamento. So, it shouldn't be too hard to get to her house. We received her info a few weeks ago, but these past Sundays havent worked for her, until this one. She likes church, and had some good questions, so we will see what potential she has!

Yesterday, during my fast, I started another 40 day fast. This time, I am focusing on following up with myself better. That is one of the important things about the 40 day fast, is to constantly be checking up on yourself, and making plans, so that you can last for 40 days without doing, or starting certain habits. :) I used a baptismal calendar, which is a tool that missionaries use for progressing investigators, and marked out 40 days, wrote down a scripture for each, also what I am going to study each day, and little boxes that I can check off to say that I did "acompanhamento" ("following up," Portuguese has a better word for this). I am pretty pumped. Also, recently, I have gotten so good at waking up in the morning, that I wake up about 10 minutes before the alarm goes off. BIGGEST LIE OF HIGH SCHOOL: "Those ten minutes make a difference." NOPE. If you can naturally wake up, right around the time that you want to, it is a blessing! But, if you go back to sleep for those ten minutes or so, you'll soon wake up feeling more tired than you did 10 minutes ago. And, if you create a natural sleeping pattern, your body will be able to wake you up, naturally, right around the time you want. I have also found that it takes me about 10 minutes to actually wake up. So I'll get out of bed, and go and start waking around, or stare at wall, or do something. Then when I feel truly awake, I say my prayers, and start working out! BOM DIA ENERGIA! :) I've learned all that through experience, on a mission. Just a random thought :)

Keep on pressing on! :) Good luck with school, for all those in school! :) Good luck with work for those that have work! God speed those with church callings! :) Go to the rescue! :) Love you all! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment