"The pilar that supports the life of the Church is mercy." -Pope Franscico
Mercy is a huge amount of love that our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ have for us! :)
General Conference was awesome as always!!! :) President Kearon spoke!!!! Haha that was so cool! :) We were kinda of hoping for a mission shout-out, but that didnt happen. Still, he gave an awesome talk! He even got President Uchtdorf choked up after! That was super cool. I got to watch all sessions except for the Priesthood Session live! In Portugal, Conference is at 5-7pm, and 9-11pm. We got to stay up past our bedtime too! :) Haha. Watching it in Portuguese is fun, but I dont get everything out of it that I know I could. Thats why I am excited to go back and listen to it all in English! I am grateful that we have a living Prophet! Who receives revelation important for us in OUR days. I am grateful for living Apostles, who humbly and diligently serve in their enormous office. I grateful that God loves us, and is still talking to us, through the Prophet and Apostles, and through our own personal revelation. The Heavens arent closed! God is NOT dead! (<--- A good movie, btdubs).
I loved Elder Holland's talk. It was a perfect way to end Gerneral Confernce. However, I do not think that picture of the dinosaur applied to me, or to about all the other 75,000 missionaries. For us, that tomorrow was Pday! :) The best day for a missionary! So while the world went back to work, and school today, I get my "day off." I think a better picture would have been two missionaries running towards a big teddy bear, waiting to be embraced! ;) Tomorrow will be a better day!
We had transfers this week! Me and Elder Gomes stayed, obviously. ELder Holdsworth said good bye to his dad, Elder da Silva, as he went off to my old area, Castelo Branco! :) Elder Holdsworth got a new comp, Elder Andrade. Not to be confused with my first native comp, Elder DE Andrade. So now, our house is half native, half american. :) It is has been fun. :) For future notice, the transfers in our mission now happen on Tuesdays after District meeting. So, during transfer time, you will all have to wait til the week after to see where I have gone. :)
This week went well. We found some new people, and we had a really good weekly planning to find even more people. I honestly cant remember much that happened this week. I feel like a lot happened, but at the same time, like not much at all happened. Needless to say, it was a good week! We are pretty excited for this month. President Amorim has raised bar. 45 baptisms. We are going to have Zone Conference this motnh, and I am sure that that'll be really inspiring and important for the mission. I am pumped for the mission, we are all slowly becoming ONE as a mission. Even though I didnt get transfered, or get a new comp, I got called as the District Leader here in Tomar. I am pretty pumped for my district. We are going to take this district places. :)
I love you all. Sorry for the short letter, but this week was a blur and I failed with journaling this week. I'll make up for it by sharing a thought I shared with a friend today. "Following." What is following? To follow is to trust someone. To hope and believe that they will take you to a better place. You will confide in this person, following where ever they may go. It is letting go of your will, and what you want to do, and following. It is an act of faith, probably one of the biggest acts of fatih. It is an act of love. It is an act of humilty. It is an act of obedience. It was said during confernce that a great leader, is an even better follower. How was Christ a follower? He followed God's plan, that needed a Saviour. He didnt propose His own plan, as did Lucifer, but rather, He followed Heavenly Father's plan. We constantly learned that Christ only did the Father's will. He humbly followed what His Father had in store for Him. And now, Christ is inviting us, to follow Him. To find a new life. To be loving, humble, and obedient. To have faith, hope and charity. To be diligent, and trusting, when you can't see what lies head. When the future looks dark or scary, or a certain path may not make sense to our human mind. We must faith to follow! #FollowHim
One more time, thanks for all the birthday wishes. My mother sent a package that got here last Monday. It was Hi-Chews (one of my favorite candies), and flippin' cool shirt that I'll have to take a picture with some day. :) One more time, I love you all and I invite you all to, "Follow Him!"
| On saturday, the branch had a bbq at a cool park, and I kinda went selfie crazy ;) |
| Us during conference! The flash only caught my face, so it is pretty hard to see our black comps ;) #blackpoweriguess? |
No comments:
Post a Comment