Monday, April 25, 2016

2016.25.4- This house is going to kill us. And Happy Portugal Day! :D

3 out of the 4 elderes in our house are currently taking prescribed medications. :) The last one standing is my comp. Also, today is the day when the Republic of Portugal was formed. So basically, a bunch of places are closed and a lot of people are out of town.

This week was good. The work is slow, but we are doing th ebest with what we got. We taught Ascensão the plan of salvation this week. We gave a soft invitation for baptism and she basically said yes. Next up is going to marking her for sure! :) She is truly prepared and will be an awesome example for her family! Especially her grandkids! :) 

This past saturday, Elder Holdsworth and I went on a division to Abrantes, a city close by, for our doctor appointments. I'm not going to say what each of us have, we'll just leave the personal deets out. However, after our appointment we told President Amorim what was going on and he ordered us to clean the house. SUPER CLEANING. It was actually pretty fun. :) And good for the house too. So, we ended up not working on that day. The other elders in our house, Elder Gomes (my comp) and Elder Andrade (Elder Holdsworth's comp) worked on inviting people to our movie night that we were having. They had a good turnout, and an investigator even came! :) His name is Vitor, and his currently the other Elders investigator, and they have plans to baptize him pretty soon, so our district could be seeing white pretty soon! :) 

Whenever I get discouraged, I find that reading the Book of Mormon ALWAYS makes things better. Recently I was reading about when Aaron converts King Lamoni's Father. And I made an interesting parallel between Lamoni's Father, and the Young Rich Ruler from the New Testement. Both asked the same question, "What can I do to inherit eternal life?" HOWEVER, the difference was the response and actions that each one respectively made. Lamoni's Father was willingly to give up everything that he had, including his sins, to receive eternal life. The Young Rich Ruler, who had been faithful and "active" his whole life could not put that final thing on the altar of sacrifice. Every one of us must arrive at this question: "What MORE do I have to give, that I might receive eternal life?" And we must prayerful consider this question with REAL INTENT (which means being ready to act on the answers we receive), and then we must obey with exactness in order to receive the blessings. Spiritual thought/what I learned this week paragraph for you all!:D

Love you all. Have a great week. Keep reading your scriptures and saying your prayers!

Picture: There was some weird festival in the city center. I'm not sure what it was for, but there were two groups from Turkey and Poland, and some other groups from nieghboring villages. They were all dressed up in cultural clothes, and making a bunch ofnoise! I alos took a 5min video, but I wont be bale to send that one. :(

There was some weird festival in the city center. I'm not sure what it was for, but there were two groups from Turkey and Poland, and some other groups from nieghboring villages. They were all dressed up in cultural clothes, and making a bunch ofnoise! I alos took a 5min video, but I wont be bale to send that one. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment