This week we saw some success. :) We have redrawn the area lines between our three duplas, and we picked up part of the Sister's area, that hasn't been worked at all, and we have been finding great success.
We met and taught an awesome guy named Walter (but you kinda say it with a 'V' noise in Portuguese- Valter). He was a reference from some Elders in another ward here in Porto, and he is elect! The Elders had already taught him the Restoration, and had given him a Book of Mormon, so we were able to continue the progression with the Plan of Salvation. And at the end of the lesson we marked him for Baptism on the 3rd of December! A little far out, but he lives kinda far away and so our contact with him would be limited with him. But he was very eager about his baptism date, and understands the Book of Mormon very well. We invited him to Church, but sadly he didnt show up, and he didnt pick up his phone. He is a student, so he is pretty busy. But we wont give up on him!
In the new area that we picked up from the Sisters, we taught this woman named Palmira. Haha, she has been studying with the TJs for the past 50 years!!! But she doesnt go to their church, nor join any church because she says she is lazy. Haha. So we had a lesson, and we tried to get her to come to church. And we called her out, we called her to repenance, and invited her to church. She said that she would maybe go, and we got her number to remind the night before. But alas, on the night before, she didnt answer her phone, and on Sunday morning she also ignored us. Oh well, life goes on.
This week we continued our teaching with Virgílio. We finished up the Restoration, and we left a Book of Mormon with him. He has some potential, we just have to shift through his wordly philosophies.
Church was good yesterday. I always love Fast and Testimony meetings. Also, I am learning un poquito de español. The first counselor in our ward is from Venezuela, and he got married a week or two ago and brought his wife to Portugal. He speaks Portuguese alright, and she is just learning, but we decided to speak the little Spanish that we know with her. It has been pretty fun! I can read Spanish actually very well. I think I'll study it at USU. :) Languages are so fun!
Have a great week family, friends, and other missionaries! I love you all! Enjoy some photos of Elder Valentine and I! (On Halloween, we decided that the only way we could "dress up" is wear each other's nametags, and each others accessories- notice the glasses and watch.) Funny story, we were knocking doors, and while I had Elder Valentine's nametag, I introduced myself as Elder Yoder. Haha, force of habit. I guess it'll stick with me for a while ;)
Com amor,
Elder Yoder
No comments:
Post a Comment