This week was pretty slow, but Heavenly Father sent us a blessing at the end of the week. In the office, the Bishop and I got finished with our project that we were working on! I love the feeling after completing a rather big and tedious project! Now I move on to my next project which is examining all the medical payments the mission paid, and seeing whether we got reimbursed or not by our insurance company. :) It should be pretty fun.
Our little blessing at the end of the week. We were knocking doors Sunday afternoon in the new part of our area the we acquired from the Sisters, and this Brazilian family answered the door, and let us in! They have been living here in Porto for about 4 months, and they were so nice to let us. Very warm, and very hospitable. They are from a church called "A Assembleia de Deus" which means, "The Assembly of God." It is an evangelical church, that I believe originates from Brazil, but I could be wrong about that. They believe in a lot of the same things as we do, especially in Prophets. The accepted the Book of Mormon really well, and to them, Jesus has talked to other people in the world, and they also have records. :D It was a really good first lesson, and they invited us to return this Saturday. So we were pretty pumped about that. :) They offered the last prayer, and when I say they, I mean all of them were praying at the same time. One lead, and was a little bit louder than the others, but the rest were whispering, and talking to us. It was actually kinda cool, and I was smiling the whole time. Luckily, everyone's eyes were closed. ;) I bet it is like this everyday in Brazil. # dontwanttohereaboutelderhuffak er ;)
Other than that, life is good. For pday today we cleaned the house, and played some soccer! I am falling in love with that sport! I used to think it was soo lame, but really, soccer is super fun! Both to play, and to watch. After soccer we got our food, and we were waiting at a bus stop to catch a bus back to our house, and I was just sitting on the ground, close to the FC Porto stadium (Estádio de Dragão), and I was contemplating where I was at in my life. I am in Portugal! I am on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean, really far from home, from friends, doing something super weird and out-of-the-ordinary that most other young adults dont do, and I felt like- man, this is where I need to be. I also imagined where all my friends and classmate are at this moment, and I felt super lucky to be on a mission! I am happy where I am at, and I plan to enjoy for the amount of time that I have left! :)
This week, I studied a little about turning my will over to the Lord. Something I tried doing this week was in my morning prayers committing myself to have my mind be completely focused here in Portugal, and my heart here in the mission. Some days were better than others, but most days, I was happy and completely satisfied with my work! :)
I love you all! Have a great week! Sorry, I dont got any pictures. :(
Até a próxima semana!
Elder Yoder
No comments:
Post a Comment