Bom dia familia e amigos! :)
This week was a good week :) I am falling in love with Castelo Branco. The members here are really close, and it is a strong branch, so that it good :)
This past week we met with our best investigator (or rather, the one with the most potential) four times! :) He is progressing really well, and we are talking about the 26 of this month for baptism :) Agua! :)
Monday, Pday was pretty normal. I took a nap. I think I have done that just about every Pday now :) We had a lesson with João, but I cant remember much from that lesson :)
Tuesday, District Meeting in Covilhã, a city about 45 minutes north by car. It is at the base of the high mountain in Portugal, Serra da Estrela. But that mountain isnt too high, but we might go hike it for district Pday, so it would be cool to say that I have been to the highest point in Portugal :)
Wednesday, we had a family night in Chapel. João showed up for that and for family night we read a little from "Our Heritage." He liked it a lot, and we also talked about the Word of Wisdom, which is basically the thing stopping him from being baptized.
Thursday, another lesson with João. We showed this "15 steps to quit smoking" that the church made. It is pretty legit, and he has been reading it everyday (which is one of the steps!). Anyway, we have been nailing Word of Wisdom on the head, and we have plans to go to his house on Tuesday, and just take out everything that is against the Word of Wisdom. That should be fun! :) Also, Elder Storrer made some stuff for tacos for lunch. It was soooo nice to eat Mexican food. Never thought that I would miss mexican food :)
Friday, Weekly Planning. Last week, Presidente Amorim challenged us to do something "bold" that we could right home about. Actually, first he challenged the Assistants and ZLs in the Mission Council at the beginning of August. Then he told us what they did and challenged us to do the same. For example, our Zone Leaders made a life sized cutout of President Monson, and did contacts with him! :) Some STLs, contact the mayor and made an appointment with him and his family. So after brainstorming we decided to contact the mayor as well. Also we have up in the air a plan to "Dan Jones it." For those who know, Dan Jones is probably one of the greatest missionaries of this dispensation. He served a mission in Wales and baptized thousands! There is a picture of him in PMG, standing in a town square, preaching. So we thought about getting on out "soap box" and doing the same thing :) Castelo Branco has pretty nice town square that we could do it. Pretty pumped to do something "bold."
Saturday, another lesson with João. Everything is order to "whitewash" his house! :)
Sunday, STAKE CONFERENCE! :) I was looking forward to this for the whole week! Because I am still in the Coimbra Zone, I still am in the Coimbra Stake too. Soo I got to see a bunch of the members from Aveiro! Also, Antonio and Conceição were there too! They were baptized last Sunday (the 6th), and I was pretty happy to see them! :) Stake Conf was good. The theme was "Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy." Here in they call Sundays, "Domingos" and it means like "first day" or something like that. So in the church here, they call Sundays, "Dia do Senhor" or "Day of the Lord." I love this idea/thought. Day of the Lord. Are our actions and thoughts reflecting what we should be doing on the Day of the Lord? This day was given to us by the Lord, its not a day that man made up. There is a reason we have this day. I would say more, but I forgot my conf notes, but basically I can sum it up that little things will go a long way (Alma 37:6-7). Keep the Day of the Lord holy! :)
Also, João came to Conf. He liked it :)
For my conference preparation, I have been reading old conference Liahonas. I am pretty pumped for General Conference! :) About 3 more weeks! :) I have also started my collection of Conference Liahonas that I have been picking up from mission apartments. Words of the Prophet and Apostles are scripture, are we "feasting upon the words of Christ"? (2 Nephi 31:20).
Love you all. Keep on, keeping on! :)
Dai-lhes os Céus!
No comments:
Post a Comment