Monday, September 7, 2015

2015.09.07

Yep, I got transferred! Finally out of my first área! (I still have a little bit of my heart there though!). I am now in a city called Castelo Branco, which means White Castle, but there isnt really a castle here, it has almost been destroyed, and its not white. But still! :)
 
Its not as humid here! Its kinda like being Boise! :) I love the mountain desert! :) Anyways, this city is way different than Aveiro. Aveiro was really spread out, and lots of walking (A 45 minute walk to the chapel). Here its all cramped together. Lots of tall buildings. Lots of apartments to knock! :) But it is tooo big like Lisbon or Porto.
 
Last Monday: Pday. Cant remember much. Elder Sutton and I played ping pong- He is winning 14 games to 2. :( We will see if we will continue the scre :)
 
Tuesday. Received transfer calls. funny note. An Elder that was with me in MTC went to Castelo Branco and stayed the same time that i stayed in Aveiro, and then we switched places! He is now in Aveiro and I took his place Castelo Branco! :) HAHA! :) I've also been receiving his letters, so I feel like I kinda know the place :)
 
Wednesday: We swapped places. Met up in Coimbra, and switched as if we were doing a division! Got to CB really late in the day (7pm), and just went to visit people that ended up not being home. And there was a Ward Family Night, and I met two guys from Capo Verde, Ravi and Eliano. We had plays to play futebol (soccer for you americans) with them today, but that fell through :(
 
Thurs: Weekly Planning, cause we had a Zone Meeting on Friday. the other Elders in our District came and slept the night in house, so that was a little party.
 
Fri: Zone Meeting. Basically what happened is that a lot of people in the Zone just switched around :) Haha, I am still in the same zone, so I saw a lot of familiar faces! :)
 
Sat: The normal stuff. My comp, Elder Storrer, is from the East Coast, his family has moved a lot so he cant really claim a certain place. But he isnt from Utah! My first comp outside the factory! (Well at least my comps that I have had hear in Portugal). Anyways, he only has one transfer here so he doesnt quite know where everything is. So we've done lots of exploring.
 
Sun: We have a little branch here in Castelo Branco. But it is good. I taught Gospel Principles class. But it just ended up being the members talking forever! I'll do better next time :)
 
Well thats just about it. At the Zone Meeting I got two packages from my mom. One was full of letters from family and friends. That was definitely a timely package that I needed! Thanks for all the love! :) I love you all!
 
Keep reading the Book of Mormon! And keep saying your prayers! :)
 
My life packed into my suit cases :)

Me and Elder Storrer.

No comments:

Post a Comment