Monday, September 28, 2015

2015.09.28- Batismo! :D

Our investigator, João, got baptized yesterday! :) After many changes, and many stressful conversations, we had a beautiful baptismal servise for him :)


Last Monday, Pday was good :)
Tuesday, District Meeting in Covilhã. We kinda "live" with those Elders because we sleep at eachs others houses a lot :) It is fun, and I cant wait to be in a 4 Elder House! :) Other that, it was a day of knocking doors, lame excuses, and people not being home. #missionarylife. We had an appointment with João, he fed us dinner and we talked about the law of chastity and follow the prophet. He accepted all of course! (Elect!). We also made the first move in the baptismal date to the 27th, it was originally planned for the 26th.
Wednesday, we found an elect building really far from the city center. Made some return appointments that looked really good :) Also, this day marked the first day that a door was shut in  my face! Haha, Portuguese people are too nice to slam the door, so the end up giving some lame excuse like not having any time, or having work. If everyone that I've talked to really had work, I think Portugal was have a negative unemployment rate, and be the richest country in the world. Oh well, not much you can do about free agency. #cantlivewithoutit. Also we had FHE, and João came. I think he thinks it is part of keeping the Sabbath day holy. Maybe a miscommunication there? :) Sometime during this day we thought about moving the Baptismal date to the 10th because he wouldnt receive the Holy Ghost on the 27th and would have to wait. Anyways, the baptism was up and in the air a lot during this week :)
Thursday, João tried on the baptismal clothes to make suer everything was in order. We talked about moving the date back to the 26th with our Branch President.
Friday, Weekly Planning. Planned the baptism. João, had the baptism interview on Friday night. We made the baptismal program and the young man in our branch that plays piano couldnt make it, so I stepped up. That was interesting. Also we learned that Elder Scott died. That was just another shock to us. 3 Apostles now. But never fear, the Lord is going to forsake us now! :) Still, I have never seen this many Apostles die between General Conferences in my life! João fed us and the Elders from Covilhã dinner. It was good! :)
Saturday, João, had to be interviewed again. That was nerve-wracking. But he passed and all is well (Tudo bem!). Anyways, we had the Branch Birthday Party, at 4, and had the baptism planned at 3, but the Branch President wanted to move it again to the 27th. By then, I wasn't sure if conference was going to happen with all these changes! :) After everything, it all worked it out. Late at night we found a new investigator! If you've been noticing, I haven't really talked about any other investigators, because, well, we don't have any! But we found a man named Gonçalo with a lot of potencial! He even came to church on sunday! :)
Sunday, baptism went well. Church was good, I had to play the piano. I didn't even play two songs cause they weren't in the simplified version. Man, I am regretting not learning piano better. But it was good nonetheless. Again, the baptism was sweet. We baptized him in a river that looked a lot like the river in the baptism of Christ vídeo! That was sooo cool! :) It was such a sweet experience. João even said that he felt that this was the most importante day of his life. :) I was sooo happy when he said that! :) I know I have helped even one more soul saved in the Kingdom of God. I am blessed with one of the best missions in the world! :)
All in all, I was really calm through the calamity of changing the baptism date soo much. And the stress of planning a baptism too :) Love you all, I'm excited for General Conference! :) I have 4 sessions to watch this sunday due to the time zone, SO 8 hours of General Conf! I AM PUMPED! :)    


Our district! :)

"I made German Pancakes and thought they turned out pretty good!"


My desk
This sick poster for some glasses. The picture says it all.



No comments:

Post a Comment