Castelo Branco is soo high up, and so close to Spain that I am sure that I can see it here! :) I have some pictures from the castle too :)
But first!
YA! The LDS version of the bible is now in Portuguese! I am so happy! We as missionaries use a bible from the Catholic church. It is not bad, and I have looked at the translation and it seems pretty close to the Kings James Version, the only thing is is it doesnt have the cross references, translations by Joseph Smith, etc. But with announcement, soon we will! :) Well basically it is already online, and next March I think, it will be ready for print! :) SO, I know what I am getting myself or my birthday! :)
Anyways, this week was good! :) Joao, is doing awesome, and has completely given up smoking! It is amazing to see the change in his life! :) On Monday we went to his and took out everything that even would remind him of smoking! :)
Tuesday, we had a division with the Colvilha Elders, but we both worked here in Castelo Branco cause we needed to find some news. I got to work with Elder Powell! :) (Haha, no not one of my best friends in the world Elder Powell, a different one;)). That was fun. We tried handing our some Books of Mormon, but it was drizzling, and so that didnt help. But this week is supposed to have some nice weather! :)
Wednesday, cant remember much. But we did find this one family that has some potencial, we just got to keep passing by and finding them at a good time! :) And we had the Branch Family Night, but it seems like it is dying, cause there was like nobody there. Maybe we will try and shake things up :)
Thursday, honestly cant remember, and I didnt write in my journal that day. An average day or me though is knocking bunch of doors and talking to people in the road!
Friday, weekly planning. We passed by Ravi and Eliano these two jovens (teenagers) from Cabo Verde. The Elders have been passing by for a couple months, but they are teenagers, so it is interesting. But they are really smart, and I have a feeling that they serious about this gospel :)
Saturday, 6 months mark in Portugal! :) That is pretty crazy. This is the longest I have lived from home. We had a lesson with Joao about tithing and the law of chastity. That went well, and he accepted it all. We are thinking of having the baptism on the 27th or the 3rd (pf September/October, respectively). Pretty exciting!
Sunday, I gave a talk in church about humility! That was nice, it was good studying about humility too. A very humbling talk is "Lord, Is It I?" by Pres Uchtdorf. from Oct 2014. That talk is also good for General Conf preparation! That is in TWO weeks! Who is ready!? :)
"May I suggest that the holy scriptures and the talks given at general conference are an effective mirror we can hold up for self-examination.
As you hear or read the words of the ancient and modern prophets, refrain from thinking about how the words apply to someone else and ask the simple question: 'Lord, is it I?'"
That is just about it for me. Love you all. Prepare for General Conference! I am thankful for the oppurtunity to sustain the Prophet and the Apostles at General Conference! Remember that when we sustain our leaders we are saying the we will support them in everything, and actively seek their counsel. And that is for ALL of our leaders. General Authorities, and Local Leaders!
The Castle

The City Center (that is a skating rink)

This is looking east (towards Spain)

The city at night. The light at the top is the castle :)
As you hear or read the words of the ancient and modern prophets, refrain from thinking about how the words apply to someone else and ask the simple question: 'Lord, is it I?'"
That is just about it for me. Love you all. Prepare for General Conference! I am thankful for the oppurtunity to sustain the Prophet and the Apostles at General Conference! Remember that when we sustain our leaders we are saying the we will support them in everything, and actively seek their counsel. And that is for ALL of our leaders. General Authorities, and Local Leaders!
The Castle
The City Center (that is a skating rink)
This is looking east (towards Spain)
The city at night. The light at the top is the castle :)
No comments:
Post a Comment