Monday, November 9, 2015

2015.11.09- Sleep Over Party :D

This week was another week where the Elders of Covilhã came and slept at our house :) And they slept their two nights in a row. So that was fun :)
 
last Pday... I got a haircut :) It looks lovely :) And I got a Pope Francis Calendar for 2016. We've been passing this little Catholic Gift Store right by their Cathedral, and I saw this calendar (pics below). And I was like, "I need a 2016 calendar, so why not!" Haha, when they Elders came over, they were screaming blasphemy at me. ;) But there is nothing wrong with my Pope Francis Calendar! Every month has na awesome picture, and a cool quote. So every month I will send home the "Pope Francis Calendar Quote of the Month!" Look forward to it. Cause it will be cool :)
 
Tuesday. We walked a bunch, trying to find some LAs, and names that we have on our ward list :)
 
Wednesday. The first night of the sleep over :) They came at about 10ish, and we played a card game called, "Zanzebra" (I think that how one would write it). Anway, it is our sleepover card game. And it is pretty fun :) During the day, cant really remembre much, and i failed to write in my journal that day.
 
Thursday. We did a division with the Elders. I worked with Elder Platts. Elder Platts is just a transfer older than me, and knows Elder Dallin Simpson (shout out to you bud. Get better, and get back in the field ASAP!). Anyway, that was fun, and we picked up a bunch of potentials.
 
Friday. Zone Meeting! Coimbra! I needed this trip/getaway/my-monthy-dosage-of.coimbra. I love the city of Coimbra so much! It is just so OLD and Portguese! Anyways, the Zone meeting was good. Just to remind you all, I am still in the same zone that I started my mission in. This zone has changed a lot, but I still love it! :) A good meeting, and I learned a lot :) And it was good to see some old friends :)
 
Saturday. We did weekly planning, because we didnt do it on friday. Then we had a branch activity, were they cooke some Castanhas! (Chestnuts). Apparently, chestnuts dont exist in the States anymore. Thats no fun, because they are so good! The members basically gathered a bunch of pine needles, and put the Castanhas in the middle, and then put more pine needles on top, and burn them. And the Castanhas come out all orasted and delicious! I have some pics that I'll send :) So that was good :) And it was in na área really beautiful, and reminded me a lot of Boise and camping. Kinda made me trunky :/ Haha :)
 
Sunday, church was good. Then we worked, and picked more potencial investigators!
 
Obviously, this week was better than the last :) Thanks for all the love from home :) The weather here is GORGEOUS! Haha, 70s and clear skies this week! :) Not cold at all!
 
Love you all! :)
2 Nephi 32:3, my scripture of the week :)

The Pope Calenddar :D
The beautiful área :)
Selfie :) #newhaircut



The process of cooking Castanhas.
And how your hands look after eating them! :)
"The Wall of Fame" Just about every Elder that has slept in this house has put there name on this board :)
 I'll put mine on when I leave Castelo Branco :)





No comments:

Post a Comment