Monday, November 23, 2015

2015.11.23- The Only American

To the best of my knowledge I am the only American in Castelo Branco. And I feel like my knowledge is good because I have talked to a LOT of people in this city. And some might say, what about your comp? Haha, not so fast! I am serving with a native speaker!! :D Elder De Andrade from Cabo Verde. I am soo pumped! NO ENGLISH THIS TRANSFER! Ya! Lets see is my Portuguse can pay off!
 
Monday last. We hung out with our friend Antonio. He is this funny middle aged man here in Castelo Branco. Less Active, but I love him to death! We ate some pizza, and he showed us the city. He is obsessed with cities. Like Elder Stephen Gagnon obsessed. I am sure if Elder Gagnon were here, those two would get a long SO well! Whenever we visit he likes to show us cities on Google 3D. Haha, he is soo funny! After that, we visited Nadia and Jorge, and their son Flavio. They are this cuttle little "family." I say "family" cause they arent married, yet. ;) But they love the gospel, and want the best for thier son Flavio. We will help them return to activity. After that, we visited João our recente convert. We helped him organize his house a little bit. He has A TON of useless junk. Haha, I hope I am not that way when I get old.
 
Tuesday, District Meeting. And passing by people. And an inactive couple, that cant attend church becuase of health. So maybe they arent inactive. We talked in Branch Council about bringing them the Sacrament.
 
Wednesday, visited João, and helped him clean up his house a bit more. That took up the afternoon, and into the night. So when we were walking home, there were a BUNCH of students in the steets. TONS. And they were drunk! Haha, it was party that the colleges have twice a year. One in the beginning of the school year, and one at the end. Anyways, there was alcohol everywhere. And drunk portuguese students. And they were all in a roundabout close to our house. Elder Storrer decided to walk right through them, when I wanted to take a diferente road to our house. Thankfully, nothing happened, but we did a bunch of shouts, "OH ELDER!" and "Look its the Elders!" Talk about walking through the valley of the shadow of death. Anyways, we got our jackets (it is starting to get really cold here! But it isnt raining yet!), and we went to Fam Night. And actually we had plans to have a lesson with all our RCs, but only one ended up showing up, Celeste. We are trying to reteach everything to RCs, so that the gospel stays strong in their heads! But by this time, I wasnt feeling 100%, and went home and to bed with a headache, achy body, and a little cold.
 
Thursday, I didnt leave the house til 630ish, because I was recovering from whatever I had. but by 630, I was 100 percent and ready to go. However, we just tracted all night long.
 
Friday, we visited our friend Antonio. He loves Google 3D. He is also an artista, and has some wicked art. So Elder Storrer decided to get a photocopy of one. That was cool, and I might do the same.
 
Saturday, and we visited Antonio.
 
Sunday, church was good. I gave a talk. It was Elder Cook's talk: Firm as the Ships of Bristol. Undfortunately, I only had about 10 minutes, and I had planned for 15-20. But it was sweet. I encouraged the members to read their scriptures and say their prayers, so that they could stay firm in the gospel!
 
Love you all! I am excited to serve with Elder De Andrade! This is going to be a good transfer. About one month to Christmas! Sorry for any spelling mistakes. This computer is correcting my Portuguese, not my english. Read your scriptures, and say your prayers!




Pictures of Castelo Branco!
These are taken in the "Medival District" of Castelo Branco. the first is a clock tower, and the second a part of the outer wall. The third is the Castelo from this outer wall. We found a way to get on top of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment