We had some much fun this week that I didnt even realize that Thanksgiving, Black Friday, or Small-Business Saturday happened until we returned to the house at the end of the day. Elder de Andrade is freakin' awesome! I love serving with a native! I am not even worried about my portuguese when I'm with him, and the language barrier is already gone! Today, I'll just talk about some people that we taught.
Ravi and Eliano! Two jovens from Cabo Verde, same country as Elder de Andrade. They were taught by the Elders in the past, and were progressing pretty. I think I just dropped the ball with them. They didnt seemed too interessed when I taught them in the past. But they are really cool and we taught them twice this week. They have a lot of intress. I have high hopes for them.
Helena. We tried passing by her this week. But we never saw her. But I am not giving up on her, becuase I know this is what is she looking for!
Luke! This guy is a miracle. We found him just doing good old missionary work. Knocking doors. When he opened the door, I saw a dude, with face piercings, long hair, and an awesome beard. There was a voice, "Oh, he isnt going to want anything with us." BUT, there was an even quieter voice, "Just try. You never know. Just try to teach him." And thankfully, Elder de Andrade, with smooth accent, just pushed a little bit, and we got our foot in the door, and a lesson in the home. He was very open, and seemed to like the message of the Restoration. We have high hopes for him too!
Our RCs are doing great. One of them, Celeste, brought her mom to church yesterday. Her name is Maria, and she seems to like the church, the only thing is that she lives pretty far away, like in another village.
Loving it here with Elder de Andrade. He is soo funny! He has a fun energy, and loves to make jokes! Portugal is soo funny. Still loving the people. We have a Zone Meeting, and Presidente has been preparing an awesome Christmas Video for us, so maybe we will see that.
Listen to the Holy Ghost! :) Read your scriptures! Say your prayers!
| And a "Dinner" that I had one night . Ice Cream, Guaraná, and Palmiers, one of my favorite pastries here :) |
| Me and Elder de Andrade :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment