So, today we took advantage of our pday. We went to a Brazilian Rodízio (think Tucanos). And it was so good! :) Then we passed by Primark, a cheap clothes store, where I bought a cool shirt. :) I was needed a new Pday shirt, and it was this cool shirt with the Eiffell Tower, and soccer. It had to do with the Euro Cup that was held in France. I'll send a picture next week!
This past week was pretty busy in the office, at least for the financials. We worked on "transport." "Transport," is a monthly payment that the mission makes to the missionaries to cover for all the expected transport costs that the missionaries would make. This payment is normally made on the 15th of every month. HOwever because of the Kearon Conference, and our pday on tuesday last week, we didnt have many days to get it done. As well, because of some changes in the mission structure (i.e. APs in a differnet area, travelling Sisters and Elders), there was a lot of new things we had to plan for. The goal was to get everything submitted Thurday night (the 14th) that way the bank could make the payment on the 15th (friday). However, we didnt get it done, so we told the mission that the money would come in on Monday (because normally, the bank makes payments on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays). BUT, the money didnt come in yesterday :( Just about half the mission called us asking the same question, "Oh, has transport come in yet?" So, it was kinda disheartening telling missionaries that they dont have money. However, as I entered the office, about half an hour ago, I learned that the money arrived! Woohoo! :) That was our biggest project last week.
We got back in contact with Rui, the really awesome investigator that we were teaching in English! We havent been able to teach because he kinda lives far out, and he hasnt been answer our calls or texts. We decided to go to his house, and he opened the door and was like, "Hey! How are you guys?" And so we talked a little, and then he offered us dinner, because he just got done making some, and his son was there. But we declined becuse it was about 9ish, and we had to get back to our house. But, we marked to pass by this coming thurday! YES!
Maria do Ceu and Bruno are doing good! They got confirmed this past Sunday! :) The best part was that many members walked up to them after church and congratulated them. And what is even better is that they marked with us for a next appointment. :)
I am loving my time here in Porto. I dont know if it is my favorite area yet, but it is definately in the running. And I am looking forward to staying for probably the next two transfers (it is normal to stay for 4 transfers in the office). We have zone conference this week, so that should be great.
I love you all! :) Have a great week!
Com amor,
Elder Yoder
No comments:
Post a Comment