This family is really cool. The mom, Maria do Ceu, is really cool and loves talking to us. Her 8 year-old son, Bruno, is super smart and elect! And then she has an adorable 5 year-old that is super fun. We taught the 2nd and 3rd lessons (plan of salvation, and gospel of Jesus Christ). In fact, we taught the third lesson this morning at 10! :) Brune is super pumped to be baptized! All we have left to teach are the commandments... So it'l be interesting trying to teach an 8 year-old, the law of chastity. ;)
Other than that, we have been adapting to not having a car. Today, we stood in line for 2 hours to get a metro (subway) pass for the month. We have been visiting a recent-convert that lives kinda far away a lot, cause we are preparing him for a mission! I am pretty pupmed for him! :D
Yesterday, Portugal played Poland in the Euro Cup, so that took a jab at our prosolyting. However, POrtugal won! And we heard it! The game went into overtime, and then into penalty kicks. When POrtugal finally won, people started honking their horns and cheering out of their windows. I so happened to be at the office, because Elder Jones and I were doing some late night finance work, and it was fun to hearing all the celebrating. I hope Porutgal can go all the way, cause I want to see what will happen to this city. :D
This pday was pretty chill. Taught the family, stood in line for 2 hours, got haircuts, did compras (groceries), and now I am emailing. :) I guess I'll include some pictures from the Livraria Lello (the Lello Bookstore) or the "Harry Potter Bookstore" ;)
Once again, I love you all! :) Keep reading your scriptures, saying your prayers, and going to church! And be obedient! :)
Com amor,
Elder Yoder
| Where's Elder? :) |
| The top floor |
| The café. Rumor has it J.K. Rowling would come here and buy a coffer and write! This is sacred ground ;) |
| The bottom floor. The elder close to the camera is Elder Erhardt, the brazilian. The one in normal clothes is Elder Buchanan, my comp from last transfer (in the tripla) |
| A shot of the cool stairs! :) There were people from all over the world in that place. |
No comments:
Post a Comment