This week was rather slow in terms of prosolyting, but it was a good week for us. Like I said in my last letter, I got a new comp (actually, two)! Elder Valentine was down in Gaia training Elder Karthigeyan (from India), and Elder Karthigeyan had been having some legs problems and it was discovered that he might not have an ACL (I'm not sure how he is still walking). So they both got transfered to my area together. So now I am in a tripla! Elder Karthigeyan is so cool! And he cooks really well! :D Today he got his X-ray results, so he is currently at the hospital with Sis. Amorim and Elder Valentine. Depending on his results, he might have to go home, :(, to get a surgey, or he will get it here and then stay in the mission home for a while. :( So we will see what happens. But it has been a blast serving with him!
This week we (the office Elders) received some rather direct counsel and expectations from President Amorim. For me, it was really good, and it helped me prioritize my work here in the office. I feel like I am starting a blank page here in the office. And I am super pumped!! :) I am stoked to be serving with Elder Valentine and Elder Karthigeyan. Elder Valentine is from Utah! I think he is my first comp that is the typical product from the factory. And I love it! :)
Work in the office has been pretty busy. It alwasys seems this way during the first week. Even more so, because I am training Elder Moeller how to do things. Poor Elder Moeller, I am pretty sure he feels like he gets nothing done in the office. It is kinda how I felt during the first couple weeks. But he is already picking it up. We are going to make the transport payment this week, which is always fun. :)
Pday was nice today. First Pday in two weeks. You have no idea how it is to be able to take a break over two days. Today we got haircuts, did groceries, we went and cleaned out Elder Valentine's old house (cause no one is living there), and now we are doing email. :)
I dont got really much else. I love you all! Have a great week! Enjoy the sun! They are a bunch of fires going on around Porto, so it is super smoky and yucky. Also, very humid. I miss the clean and clear mountains of Idaho!
Com amor,
Elder Yoder
No comments:
Post a Comment