If there is one thing I learned while on my mission is that I cant play futebol (soccer for you non-European folks)! But I love l paying it anyway! :) Today for Pday we played for two hours! :) I actually score twice. But they were pretty easy goals. Still, it was lots of fun. It was also nice to have Pday for the first time in two weeks. After playing soccer, we went to a Japanese Buffet, and it was super yummy. The food just came on a conveyor belt, and you just had to grab the plates that you wanted. It was too fun being at the end of the table because you had to ask the others to pass the food. :) Anyways, a great Pday. I'll include a picture of the group that we played with.
Speaking of futebol, I am in the works of planning/organizing a Futebol Tournament for the Young Men in the Greater Porto Area! We had interviews with President last week, and we talk about areas in which I could improve. One of those was planning BIG activities, so that many people could get to know the church. The office has a reputation for planning activities, and as long as I have been here, I havent really participated much in this. Elder Erhardt (the brazilian) also had an interview with President, and President challenged him to come up with 30 ideas before the end of the day. Well, one of them was a Futebol Tournament. I actually really like that idea, and so I took it and ran with it. Right now, we are planning our activity for September, which will be a Luau! :) It should be fun! So I am thinking this Futebol Tournament is going to go down in October. We will see. But I am super pumped! I hoping to get 12 teams involved, and we have two groups of 6 that would play Round Robin (every one plays against every one), and then the top 8 teams out of the twelve would advance to a double elimination bracket, held the next weekend. :D It should be legit!
Office work is going pretty well. We are still in progress of organizing all books for our mission, but it is going pretty well. Proselyting work is going alright. We havent been having the success we wanted these past two weeks, but we did the Listão (BIG List) with Maria do Céu and Bruno, and we got about 140 names from her to work with. So that should be a good start.
I dont got much else to say, and I dont got much time left. I love you all. Enjoy the final days of summer, and school-free days! I cant believe that school is already starting again! Crazy!
Com amor,
Elder Yoder
Pic: Part of the group that played futebol. You have elder Valentine on the far left, a member of our ward named Rui (he calls me Master Yoda), Elder Erhardt, Elder Karthigeyan, and then me. Then on the front row you have Luís (another member of our ward), Mohamed (another member of our ward), and Elder Moeller (my financial comp). We had two other young men from a different ward that played with us. It was SO fun! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment