Tuesday, September 13, 2016

2016.13.09- Transfers, LIVE (Once again), from the Portugal Porto Mission

I cant believe it is already that time again. As I write it is 12:20pm (local time), and in about 40 minutes the rest of the missionaries will learn about transfers! As for me, I am staying one more in the office! :D Elder Valentine is staying as my comp, Elder Erhardt is still here, (This is his 6th transfer, which means roughly 9 months! That is like half a Sister Mission!), and Elder Moeller is still my financial comp. It should be pretty fun!

Well this past week was pretty fun. It was a little crowded having 4 elders in our small house, but we made it work. Speaking of, Elder Morrison and Elder Karthigeyan are staying together, but are going to Gaia, where Elder Morrison was last transfer. I think Elder Karthigeyan was pretty happy about that. He did not like the office. :/ The kid has a big heart! And a big desire to baptize the world! 

To start off the week, which was last thursday, we had an awesome meeting with Elder Zwick. It was Mission Council, and it was super spiritual. I dont have my notes, and I also missed the first two hours, because I was helping Elder Valentine run some office errands, but we talked a lot about our goal of baptizing 50 people this month! We talked a lot about faith, and turning the people we have marked into baptisms. What has become my one of my favorite scriptures on the mission is 3 Nephi 5:13. It is the who, what, and why of missionary work. 
WHO: "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God."
WHAT: "I have been called of him to declare his word among his people..."
WHY: "...that they might have everlasting life."
So cool! :D I love this scripture! Anyway, that meeting was good.

Friday and Saturday were pretty slow days in the office. Usually towards the end of the transfer, things kinda calm down, and then all heck breaks loose during the first week of the transfer. :D So, I did some catch up work in the office.
Sunday, I got to work with Elder Moeller again. We had an appointment, but he cancelled on us. 
Monday, we remarked with the fallen appointment. His name is Alberto. I have taught him one time in the past. He is pretty cool, and has some great potential! We tried marking him for the 30th if September, but he turned us down twice, and then we got him to commit to a soft invitation. Also on Monday, we thought the Executives would get the transfers, but President said that they would get them on Tuesday (Today). However, it always trunky to see the missionaries go home. They always pass through the office to write to their families one last time. It is kinda funny to talk to them. They are in this weird limbo state. They are still here, but their minds are not. Totally focused on home. :D Anyway, good times. 

Today has been fun. It started at about 8am, and still hasnt stopped. We are currently working on transport, and it is a little crazy because we have to account for the all the changes. But, it is all good. 

I love you all! Have a great week! Shout-out to my little sister Megan! Happy 15th birthday! :)

Um abraço,
Elder Yoder

No comments:

Post a Comment