This week went be really slow. Probably one of my slowest here in the office. But I am sure things will pick up. I went on a division with Elder Erhardt one night, and I learned a lot! :) Elder Erhardt is an awesome missionary, and a great friend. Something I forgot to write about, not last Saturday, but the one before that we did a missionary activity where we went as a huge group and sang in a big town square. In fact, it is place in which I took a bunch of pictures last Friday. It was pretty fun. There is a picturing of us floating on Instagram, and on the Mission Facebook, and it is floating around in the Mission, so I'll try to find it.
The work in the office has been going pretty well. I feel like we running on all cylinders. In a recent Staff Meeting with President, he proposed/starting making plans to take out the young missionaries out of the office, and just have Senior Couples! :D Cool! :) I think it'll be a really good thing for the mission. I don't know if I'll live to see it happen, but I think I'll be apart of the transition. When Elder Zwick from the Seventy came and did the Mission Tour, apparently this was one of the things they talked about, and it was something that Elder Zwick suggested. The only thing we need now are Senior Couples. But, President made it sound like Elder Zwick would pull some strings and get more couples to our mission. Pretty cool! :) For right now, the first phase is cutting down the work in the office to where only one Executive and Finance Secretary is needed. During our meeting President asked us if our tasks could be done with just one missionary each, and the Executives said yes for their tasks (Ha, they don't do much ;)), but Elder Moeller and I said an instant NO. It is rare for both Elder Moeller and I to have free time in the office, however, I know that the Executive have a lot of free time. So, we will see what happens over the next transfer to see if our tasks get lightened.
I feel like I haven't talked about Portugal enough in my letters. So every week I am going to include so culture thing, or fact, or observation I have made during my mission. This week: Portuguese doors don't have doorknobs. They have this round metal thing that looks like a doorknob, but it doesn't turn. What does the actual turning is the key.
I am enjoying my time in the office. I think I am in one of the healthiest stages of my mission. We went running just about everyday last week, I am drinking lots of water, getting lots of sleep, and I am waking up before my alarm goes off (like 5 minutes before)! I am loving the groove that I am in.
I love you all. Enjoy your week! Até mais!
Com amor,
Elder Yoder
| A chapel. Inside was really cool, and then they start a "Mass" or something similar, and it kinda scared us, so we continued on. |
| This cool angle I got of a bunch of architecture and a statue. Look up "Avenida dos Aliados" to see more and learn more too :) |
| Elder Valentine and I from a high place. We were next to a Cathedral. |
| A shot from the Cathedral looking towards "Aliados" |
| The metro. The Subway in Porto. :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment