Due to an emergency transfer, Elder Morrison is back in the office! :D Haha, but now he is serving with Elder Karthigeyan and so they will be a normal dupla. And it is rather good, because poor Elder Karthigeyan has not been enjoying himself in the office. The kid has a ton of desire and fire. So he is pretty happy to be out working on the street.
This week was pretty legit! On of the funniest and boldest weeks of my mission. Jam-packed with spiritual experiences as well! So lets start 'em off! :D
Just an update: We finally taught that family that we've been passing by for the past couples. They were nice, but didnt participate a lot. And the lesson was going really good, and the Spirit was there, but then the grandfather arrived at the home. And then it just fell apart. He started interrupting, asking random not-important questions, and so on. It was kinda sad to see that all happen. We've passed by every once and a while, but we havent been able to find them all home. Maybe one day.
On Sunday, whilst the Executives were doing numbers, we went on a division with Elder Moeller. It is always an adventure with Elder Moeller. We taught these two brothers named Gustavo and Carlos. Haha! One of them is not all the way there in the head, and he repeats the end of his sentences... of his sentences... of his sentences. But he loves Native Americans... Native Americans... Native Americans. ;) We talked about the Book of Mormon and how the nephites and lamanites are ancestors of the Native Americans. And he just ate it up! :D So, we learned that they live in our area, so we are going to teach them tonight at 7pm. :D They are awesome!
On Monday as we left the office, I challenged Elder Moeller (my financial comp, who is in the other area) to see who can distribute more invitations for our Hawaiin Party. We each started with 30, and whoever had more at the end of the day would lose. :) Around 8pmish Elder Moeller calls me and says, "Ha! I have gotten rid of them all!" :) Darn it! I had only like 15 left, and I was hoping to get rid of them all. Then in the next 45 minutes I happened to get rid of them all. And them some. My comps also had more, and we just went to town. I bet between our two duplas we distributed more than 125 invitations in about 3 hours. It was pretty legit. I also went pretty bold with my contacting, and just talking to everybody! There was this one instance when I got rejected 2 times in a row, and approaching the next person, I was not going to take no for an answer! But this man just so happened to see that I had gotten rejected twice just moments before. So the first words out of his mouth were, "No, I'm not interested." But then I told him, "Mister, it is just a card. It wont hurt." But he still wouldnt take it. So as he was slipping by me, I stuck it in his shirt pocket! HAHA! You cant get away from me! :D My comps were absolutely just busting up laughing after that! I have done that actually a couple times on my mission, so I wasnt worried about what would happen. Later that night, we saw a couple making out on a park bench and we decided to talk to them and do a Law Of Chastity contact! Haha! SOOO AWKWARD! :D But so legit! Gotta do bold things every week!
Tuesday, yesterday, we had a spiritual feast because Elder Zwick of the Seventy, and a good friend of Preisdent Amorim's family visited our mission! :D It was really cool. He spoke Portuguese really well (he served in the Brazil Area Presidency), and it was focused on SIMPLIFY, INTENSIFY, AND TESTIFY. I dont have my notes with me, but I learned a lot, especially working with members. And so that is why I am sending this email out today instead of yesterday, because our Pday was moved. Tomorrow is mission council, with Elder Zwick, so that should be awesome. :)
Today, Pday. We went to Bolhão, a touristy place, and just walked around. I got a tie that was on sale from Giovanni Galli. :D And I also got a haircut.
Love you all. The Gospel is true! Jesus Christ is our Saviour. I am super pumped for General Conference! Transfers are next week. Time is flying by way to fast! :(
Um abraço e beijinhos,
Elder Yoder
| Selfie. Rocking the new hair cut. |
| Elder Morrison. It is kinda funny having him back. :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment