Monday, December 19, 2016

2016.19.12- The baptismal font is always full

In a conversation we had with our bishop after a ward council he said the following to us: "Elders, I dont know if would be against Church Policy, but I would like to have the baptismal font always full, always ready to baptize." He then went on to explain how Missionary Work is very important to him, and how he will always support our work. He likes to say, "We will baptize them, unless..." instead of "Until they do this and this...., we wont baptize them." It was something like. Basically, he is ready and willingly to baptize anyone who is qualified to be baptized, instead of being like, "Ohh, he isnt ready because he is too old, or something else, or something else." I absolutely love our new bishop! He is pretty awesome. He is getting this ward in action! 

So, my train of thought recently has been, the baptismal font is always fill, always ready to baptize! This week Elder Wait and I established a goal of finding 9 new people! The most on my mission! And they are going to be 9 people of quality because we are going to be working with members, and contacting the whole world. I am pretty pumped about this week!

We've also had the wonderful opportunity to teach Sister Amorim's mother! Sister Amorim was baptized in her 20s by President Amorim, and then got married shortly after that. But, her family wasnt a receptive to the gospel, and to this day, I believe they are all non-members. Anyway, Sister Amorim's mom comes and visits during Christmas time, and Elder Wait had feeling that we should teach her. She is very nice, and she has gone to church many time in Brazil, and knows many members in Rio de Janeiro. And the lessons have been going great! And right now, she is actually thinking about a baptismal date! We are all pretty pumped! 

We've also been doing some great work with members this week! Yesterday we spent the whole day with a young single adult who is thinking about serving a mission. We've been helping him find less active YSAs and getting to know some of his non-member friends. Anyway, our day with him was pretty interesting. It started off after church by bringing the sacrament to a young men who was sick and didnt make it to church. That took a little bit to find. Then we went and ate lunch, (leftovers from the ward Christmas party). Then we went to find someone to bring to a stake Christmas devotional (we can only go to church activities if we have investigators there, #workhard #europeanmissionsarethebest). While that was happening, some women approached us looking very distraught and confused and asked us for directions, and then started telling us her life story. During that a police officer came over and asked what was going on (he thought we were doing some weird ritual thing). We tried explaining to him about how this women was pretty upset and needed help. Then he walked away. But we were able to flash our nametags, and I think it brought some authority to what we were doing. #nametagpower #dontattacktheplaqueta Overall, it was an interesting day. 

The office work is going well! We finished up our project of correcting the whole years transactions and making sure all the transactions were in the right place. And now, I continue to my next project which is organize all the medical reimbursements that we have made during the year. We are also approaching the end of the year, which there are a lot of important deadlines for the mission books and stuff. It should be fun and full of hard work. I love having three financials in the office though. It has helped a lot!

Pday is going to be awesome today! We are going to a thing called a "Breakout Room." Basically we are put in a room for an hour, and we have to find our way out using clues and other things that we have in the room. It seems pretty legit. Apparently there are some in Utah, and I looked up, and there is one in Boise close to Borah. Ya'll should check it out!

I love you all! Enjoy this Christmas week! Especially, having Church on Christmas day! I love those Christmases the most! :D

Peace out!
Elder Yoder


No comments:

Post a Comment