Tuesday, December 27, 2016

2016.26.12- Merry Christmas!!!

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! Mine was pretty awesome! Lots of food! On the 24th, we had dinner with the mission president and his wife, and other people that they invited. It was really good! Both the food and the company. It was kinda interesting, we had people from Africa, North America, South America, and Asia. Our mission president made the note that even through we represented many countries around the world, Chirstmas and the Saviour brought us together. And it is very interesting to think that Chirstmas is the one holiday that is celebrated in someway, shape or form around the world. No matter who you are, Christmas time is an important season for everybody. That to me is a miracle in of itself! How cool is that!

This week went really well. Unfortunately, we did not hit our goal of teaching 9 new people. But we worked hard for it! Last monday, we just contacted the whole world, and the Lord sent us a blessing. While we were contacting a reference from the Church called us. We had received his info a couple of weeks ago, but I had forgotten to call him, and he ended up calling us. So we ran over there and taught him and his friend! His name is Yannick and his friend's name is Ju. There are from Capo Verde. They are pretty legit, and we will continue their teaching after New Years.

All is well here in the office and in Porto! We went to Aveiro today because I wanted to visit Família Pereira, the recent-converts that were baptized shortly before Elder Puriri and I got there. It was so cool to see them about 2 years after I had gotten there! They have progressed so much in the Gospel! The mom (Nelly) has gone through the temple. Kelly is preparing to go on a mission, and she will go through the temple in March. And Carlos, turned 16 and is about to become a Priest! I'll include a picture of them! 

I love you all! Have a great New Years! And set some awesome goals, and go achieve them!

Até mais,

Elder Yoder

No comments:

Post a Comment