Monday, August 3, 2015

2015.08.03- Ainda, Eu estou em Aveiro! :)

For those that cant read Portuguese, I am still in Aveiro :)
And I am still with Elder Sutton. So things will just keep on moving! :) This will be my fourth transfer here in Aveiro and this one will take us to the end of August! So basically I will probably have spent 6 months (or one quarter of my mission) here in Aveiro! This city is actually really cool and I feel like all missionaries should serve here, and I wouldnt mind staying for one more transfer!
This week went really fast! Our President has challenged us to contact 50 people everyday! 50! So we are talking to a lot of people! Knocking lots of doors! I love it! :) Never thought that I would make it to this point on my mission that I would enjoyed doing contacts. But I have learned to love these people more and more everyday. That basically sums up my week. :)
I have learned alot. And if I wanted to I could write a huge long letter about what I have learned so far, but for now, I will keep it simple. This past friday night we had a ward family night out on by the missionaries (us!). :) we are trying to start a tradition and we are trying to unify the ward as well! :) So we should a video about forgiveness. It was the mormon message about the dad becoming friends with the drunk teenage drive that killed his wife and 2 kid in a car accident. It makes your world look like you have no problems! I always get touched by the Spirit with that video. Anyways, I pulled out two things from that video, forgive others (everyone!), and forgive yourself. Usually one is easier than the other. The dad said to the kid at one point, "I want you to pick a date and after that date, you will forget about all this that happened." You will start a new life. You will be a new person. I cant imagine being that kid, and living with what he did. It would be the hardest thing in my life to forvir myself. But I love that advice. Pick a date and forget! Something I will do in my life over and over as I try to become better and better. 
There is my Spiritual thought for the week! Keep on being happy. Choose to be happy! Read your scriptures and say yours prayers! Ficam bem! :) (Stay good!)




No comments:

Post a Comment