Monday, August 31, 2015

2015.08.31- President is switching things.

Firstly, to all the missionaries serving state side... Whenever I read your guys letters I just say to myself, "Man, missionary work in the States. Soooo different." So be grateful for the little things! :) Haha, love you all! 

I still dont know about transfers. Presidente Amorim is having transfer on Tuesday Night. So we will have to wait till next to know. well, I guess you guys will ;) So, at the time of writing this letter, I am still in Aveiro. The same city where I started my mission.
This was awesome though! :) First off, we marked Antionio and Conceição! YEAH! They are marked for this Sunday, the 6th. Ahh, they are so cool! They are so humble, and even through trials that are having they stay close to Christ. They read from the Book of Mormon everyday. They cant go to sleep without reading a chapter or two!.... Ok family and friends... lets all learn from there example. If a Portuguese couple, who has never had about the Church before, reads from the Book of Mormon everyday, then I think we can do that too! ;) I promise you, there are sooo many blessings that come from reading the Book of Mormon. So read it!
Random story: I think I almost died twice this past week. Dont worry Mom, I am FINE! :) Definitely saw the Lord's hand in saving my life. First, we were crossing a street. We were on the cross walk. It was a normal street. We were already half way across when this car came out of nowhere! Elder Sutton was in front of me, and almost got clip by the car. I was a little bit behind and if I didnt stop, I would've been dead. The thing is, I dont remeber thinking about stopping. I just did. I swear it was something bigger than me. Anyways, I was soo calm during the whole thing. I didnt even get mad at the driver, who was clearly driving WAY too fast. #PortugalDriversAreTheWorst #WorseThanUtahDrivers 
Anyways, second time. A car tried to beat me into a street. We were crossing an even smaller street, and this car comes racing out of my blind spot trying to pass us and get by. i turned to Elder Sutton and said, "Elder, I almost died TWO times today. Portugal is trying to kill me!" :) In the end, I am alive, and the Lord is protecting me!

Another story. One of our Less Actives here is just so cool! :) His name is Junior, or at least that is his nickname. He is 14 years old, and his dad is Gildo, and he is in his 50s. Anyway, Junior has a tradition of letting the Elders write on his wall in his room! :) So one day (I think it was thursday..) we did just that. So now I am forever remember on this kids wall. Haha, the funny thing was, he decided to go get some spray paint and do some "graffiti" on his wall. Guess what, his dad didnt care. In fact, at one point, he was correcting Junior on his graffiti technique! HAHA WHAT! :) They are from Mozambique, so it makes sense :) They are sooo chill! :) 


Another story. Elder Sutton and I have dubbed a family, "Little Brazil." Again, less actives, but so cool! :) Anyways, we are always welcome there, and they always make us great food! I love hearing their accent, and I just leave so much more happier! So thats what we did on Friday and Saturday :) I love that family! :)

Filipe and Ana. A Brazilian and Portuguese, respectively. They are this cute little couple in our ward. They met on their missions in Capo Verde, and were married like a couple months after! They already have one kid, Ben-hur, or Benny (as we like to call him). Benny has be betrothed to my little sister Olivia :) (haha, sorry Mom and Dad!). Anyways, on Sunday we had a grand lunch with them! It was so good! :) I love that little couple :) The funny thing is Filipe is only 22 years old. He is literally like my age! It is soo weird! :) 

I gave a talk in church- It went alright, but for some reason I was really nervous, and so my Portuguese wasnt at 100%. I usually dont get too nervous with talks, but yesterday was the exception.

Familia Pereira. Probably the highlight of my time here in Portugal! :) They are the recent convert family that got baptized basically when I started my mission. Sunday night, we gave a really cool, with-nothing-prepared lesson! I told Elder Sutton, "Here is what we will do. We will go there, tell them that we as missionaries need to teach to people's needs. We then will explain what a 'need' is. And then we will give our lesson." It went so well! There was such a sweet spirit there too! :) We went in, told them that a need is something that you need to change in order to better receive the blessings of the Atonement. After they gave their answers, Elder Sutton talked to each in English, made sure that we were on the same page, and gave a lesson just following the Spirit. Man, that was so cool.

I am grateful for my time here in Aveiro. Excited to see where the mission takes me next! :) Love you all! Keep reading your scriptures and saying your prayers! :)

Elder Sutton has been having some bed bug problems, so he picks up some Eucalyptus leaves. (I'm not even sure if I spelt that right). Haha :) So here is some action shots :)



No comments:

Post a Comment