Ola familia e amigos!
As the subject reads, our hard work is paying off! Last week, I believe I said that we were basically in the finding stage. Well after three days of going to a different city with some members, we have picked up some new people to teach. And we still have got some old ones as well! :)
The old ones. Conceição is getting better! About a month ago I wrote about a family that we had marked for baptism. Familia Aguiar! Then the grandma (Conceição) had problems with her back, and we basically havent taught them since. But we have been praying, and passing by. Well this past week we passed by and Conceição was on her feet. So we talked with her a little, and they are still reading the Book of Mormon! One chapter everyday! WAIT WHAT! Right now, they are in the Isaiah chapters of 2nd Nephi, and her husband opens up the Bible, and she reads from the Book of Mormon, and they compare! Haha! Talk about studying the scriptures! They are so cool. She should be all healthy this week, so we will resume the teaching, and batizar! :)
The news. Three different days we went to a city called Gafanha. Not sure what it means. No one from there knows. Anyways, these members bring us out there, and we pass by people that they know! Most of them are Eternigators (people that they always pass by, or have been passing by for 15 years now), but others are really cool! :) So we have picked up some potential there! We are going there today to talk to some people that are returning to the States or Canada. It seems like everybody out there speaks english and is from the US and Canada. It is so cool! :)
I had a really cool experience out there
on Saturday. We were teaching the first lesson, and I was explaining the first vision. And words were just flowing to my mouth. I honestly cant remember what I said, but I know it touched there hearts because they started crying! Haha, this happens a lot to me, and so when it does, I just assume I saying something good and keep on going! I am sooo grateful for the gift of tongues!
Also,
on Friday, we had a zone meeting. During the meeting, the ZLs wrote on the board, "Why is it difficult to baptize in Portugal?" And after, we started just venting. It is not good to make excuses, but I think the ZLs wanted us to get it off our chest. Missionaries always vent with each, so there were some funny answers. I, and I think the rest, knew where the ZLs were going with it. And honestly I have never thought that it was hard to baptize in Portugal. I have seen some many miracles here on the mission, and I know that Portugal is an elect country! Anyways, after we talked about the prophecies of Portugal. And the ZLs asked, "Are you going to believe what Prophets and Apostles have said about Portugal, or are you going to accept these excuses!" I never had bought in on, "Oh it is Europe, have fun planting seeds." No! If you think baptize, you will baptize. you just got to work hard, and be obedient. Thats all that the Lord asks. Obviously baptism isnt the measure of success, but it is definitely the goal! I am grateful to be here in Portugal! One of the things that also helps baptisms, is if you love the people. Thats another thing we talked about. You have to love the people. Definitely something that I need to work on! :)
Today I started my "Standard Works Marathon" I plan on ready the standard works in Portuguese before I finish my mission! :) I've done the math, so I'll be reading 6.5 pages everyday during Personal Study. This should be really fun! :)
Read your scriptures and say your prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment